Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alex1

Evergreen Lake Fishng Reports

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys and gals jsut wondering if anyone has any info on Evergreen lake in the schoolcraft reserve. I've checked out the DNR web page to check out the net checks and all but was wondering if anyone has fished it, and what to expect. Don't need any specific spots, jsut what the fishing is like.

I'm looking at renting a cabin on the lake and looking for any knowledge that anyone would like to share.

Thanks in advance for any info. cool

You will primarily catch 12" - 18" northerns, bluegills, crappies, sunnies, & an occasional walleye pretty much in that order but you may have figured that out by looking at the dnr site. What prompted you to rent on the lake?

It's no real secret but I would start by fishing out by that point. If you like Rock Bass you may be in for a treat \:\) I caught perch mostly but I know there are other species as well.

We were actually looking at a sight for Leech lake and one of the resorts has a cabin on Evergreen that they rent out. It was secluded as far as what the website said so we decided to give it a try. THe price was right and we are always looking for a new place to try for ice fishing, the three guys and our wives are going to try it out this spring and see if it's worth while to go back for ice fishing as the cabin is rented out year round.

Are there any size to the bluegills and crappies? HOw about the perch?

The bluegills are plentiful about the size of your hand or smaller. I have caught some crappies that were nice sized but not as many of them. Most of the perch that I have caught have been smaller than I would consider keeping. Forgot to mention there are a few smallies and large mouth too. I haven't done any ice fishing on the lake just summer. Are you bringing a boat or using the one provided?

We're just going to use the one provided being the access according to the owner isn't real great. Is this true, or should I bring my own boat? I've got a 16.5' Fishhawk, with a 40h.p. motor.

True, landing is not very good that is why I asked. Small fishing boats can be launched easily but larger boats can be difficult. I would say your boat is borderline might be a bit difficult but could be done. Depending when you are planning on going if the water is high with the spring run off could be a little easier.???

Thanks for all your help bowhunter, much apprecciated cool.gif

If your ever in the Alexandria area make sure to make a post, I surely would buy you a beverage, as well as try to point you in the right direction of the bite \:\)

my grandparents had a cabin on evergreen and nobody could figure out the walleyes. FISH IT AT NIGHT!!! from end of May to End of June, troll a tennessee shad husky jerk in about 10-14 fow. go extremely slow, .6, .7mph and twitch that bait long lined.... that water is so clear that the night time is key. Im only giving this info up because we dont have the cabin up there anymore, good luck!!! I averaged about 5 walleyes an outing, caught them up to 7 pounds

we have unloaded large boats in there before, yea theres no dock but did it ever hurt anyone to get there feet wet