Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leff

Archery Ranges?

12 posts in this topic

Hello SWMN!

I am hoping you folks could point me to the nearest archery range near Redwood?

I'm getting into fletching my own arrows and also need a good bow tune up, so I am hoping I can get some suggestions as to where to go around here for that.

Thanks a ton!

i think the Saratoga Archery Club by Tracy would be the closest. there is also a club in Wilmar. You could also check out the Minnesota State Archery Association's web site. they have a list of clubs from accross the state. if you need help finding a club, let me know.

Twin Rivers in New Ulm had an indoor range, there is also a outdoor one there in the summer months. Also I could give you the number for Bear Tracker archery in Lafayette. Those are probably the closest other than Tracy for you in Redwood.

Thanks guys!

I'm pretty sure Saratoga and the one in Willmar are both private ranges right? Don't you have to become a memeber and pay a bunch of money? I would have no problem joining, aside from living so far away.

I'll check out that site and see what I can find.

Thanks again!

Leff, Saratoga is open to members and guests. if you would like do a little shooting, shoot me an e-mail.

Beaver Creek archery range in Slayton is pretty nice i know alot of guys that shoot there

Beaver Creek is a great club, just farther from redwood then the other 2

Saratoga is a great club, but beware if you go there, you are going to want to keep going back.

That's great!!! Sounds like Saratoge is the place.

I would be up for shooting anytime, so I'll keep ya posted.

Does anyone know the hours? I've tried to call them a few times and never even get an answering machine.

if you would like more info on saratoga, do a search for saratoga archery club on yahoo. the website has contact info on it.

Actually there isn't a lot offered on their site as far as contact info. I had to do another search to get a phone number, and it didn't even connect me to the range, it was to some guy that couldn't even tell me if there was any type of open shooting. All he could tell me was it was members only, but wasn't really sure how it was all set up.

Doesn't appear to be the place afterall!

I'd have no problem becoming a member, except for the fact it's too far away for me to get my monies worth.

Looks like I'll have to pursue the place in Willmar, or else there is a place in Bird Island too, Renville Rangers Shooting Club. Anyone ever been there?

All I really want to do is get my bow tuned up and get some advice, being I'm 1 year into the sport now, I have more specific questions that I need answered. I plan on doing most of my target practice at home, but a time or two w/ a pro would be sweet!

Sorry, i thought they had contact info on our site. feel free to give me a call, i am no pro, but would be willing to help. 507 829-4990

Jamie