Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ice-man/vexilar-king

Thanks, We had a Blast!!!

16 posts in this topic

The results are in the trip to URL was once again a winner. Trouble 28 and I drug Fishing For kids along this time. We found that the Trophy slabs are few and far between now on URL. As others so far this year we also found that a blind one armed angler could catch a limit of walleye's. Would you belive that some of the most excitement came when we landed a respectable pike on the camera cable!! No Fish Tale here. We ended our trip on Black Duck Lake for some Jumbo footballs. 34 in 3 hours not bad. Biggest around 14"( Thanks Russ and Judy For the Tips). A special thanks to Cookies guide service (Johnny) for sharing some great knowleded and our shack for a couple days on URL. I have never seen anyone try so hard to put u on fish just for a road fee. Johnny From Aggasi/Cookies was WAY above and beyond any expectations. Great service cookie keep up the good work, And Cris also a local guru thanks for the tips!!! You guys are welcome back to our shack anytime we are on the lake! Next time U bring the cold ones! LOL Here are a few pics to Share.

Getting Started

>

Getting Stuck! Alot

[Note From Admin: Please read forum policy before posting again]

Big Slabs To Jumbo's

>

100_0076.jpg

They Loose there Teeth???

100_0074.jpg

100_0087.jpg

Jumbo's

100_0086.jpg

DwayneAss Sticks some Footballs (Finally on board:))

100_0085.jpg

Monster Slab 14 3/4" on top with Jumbo's

100_0083.jpg

Fun With Friends New and Old, and fresh fish What a trip.

100_0072.jpg

Yes that was a STRONG 15 1/4" Slab!!!! 3 tanks of gas and one auger shaft later it was worth it.

Thanks guys. Yes Jonny sure enjoys fishing with the other people. Must take after his dad. The crappies are still in the area as doug got 3 yesterday and Austin and his gal got 6 sunday and monday. We have moved back to the north a bit and are hoping to get a few more this weekend.You guys sure look like you know how to have fun and thats what is all about having a good time.

Jonny has caught enough crappies this year to beleave the mother load is still out there. Its a huge lake and landing on top of them can be very tricky.We are not throwing in the towel and will keep moving the house on a regular bases.

These pics are just more evidence that the ice-man/vexilar-king is still THE MAN!!! where are all the other crappie pics? nice snot rocket cliff! you must like all that slime on your new suit! lol

Heard Jon may be alittle hard on the plow truck? Darn Kids!

Yes its hard to convince him to baby the equipment. Live and learn I guess. Its was inevitable that the tranny would go just wanted it to last the season. I can tell you that Jonny sure loves trying to put our customers on fish and prove there still here. Its tough figuring this crazy lake out as your on them one day and there gone the next day. We ended up moving back to the north after you guys left and had some great fishing followed by some horrible fishing followed by some decent fishing. Now were hoping to have a little more great fishing to close out the season.

Just so everybody is clear since it took only five minutes to recieve a email giving me heck for blowing a tranni, the Jonny referred above is not Jonny P and is not affiliated with Outdoors with Jonny P LLC or my identity in any way.

i was wondering how you guys did on the duck ??

and how you found out about it

look at the pictures and the perch were from blackduck lake.....I think alot of people know about Blakcduck and the perch potential but read the origanal post and he thanks the people that he got info from.......and welcome to FM Brian

Originally Posted By: Jonny P
Just so everybody is clear since it took only five minutes to recieve a email giving me heck for blowing a tranni, the Jonny referred above is not Jonny P and is not affiliated with Outdoors with Jonny P LLC or my identity in any way.

Well...thats a first that it wasn't you. grin.gif

Is there need for auger ext. on red? Heading that way this weekend.

Originally Posted By: Pik

Well...thats a first that it wasn't you. grin.gif

Actually this year was pretty much trouble free for us. I bent up a plow frame that was fixed fairly easy and one rope snapped back and caught a tailgate and another got a fishhouse. Other then that we didn't even have to start any of the spare plow trucks this year. We had a good winter for repairs and running costs.

As for the name confusion another outfit that has arrived in town in the last few years now has a fellow named Jon or John then it became Jonny using similar advertising traits as Outdoors with Jonny P LLC. It has created some confusion as people have searched for the other Jonny with Red Lake in the search parameters and the search engines are going to list Outdoors with Jonny P due to overall search results so their potential customers are calling me wondering about fishing, rental bookings and such. It would be similar to setting up a small grocery business called "Target" with a red and white target as your logo, its been done and your are going to lose business because of it, and possibly get in trouble with Target Inc. for doing it. Either way it does make for some interesting phone calls and emails. confused.gif

Just to keep any one from getting confused my son was here this year and his name is John. We have always called him Jonny. My real name is also John and people have called me jonny or the nick name I go by cookie. On the internet I have called him jonny boy. The wife has imformed me I should be spelling it johnny boy? Sorry for any confusion cookie

Originally Posted By: brian brosdale
i was wondering how you guys did on the duck ??

and how you found out about it

They must have followed you out there,,he,,,he

When you work in the fishing business day in and day out you get to hear about alot of good bites that transpire. Unfortunatly most of the time work pulls the long straw. I have got to fish with plenty of great fishermen threw out the years and have been to many places, But the number of ones I have turned down I wish i Could get back. I will only say that if you are going to URL have a list of lakes along the way that have bites going. Blk Duck, Winnnie, Oteer Tail, Woman, Leech, and so on. We just hit gold the first stop. One piece of advice would be to check with Russ and Judys Guide service URL, and second would be to stay at the Black Duck Motel. Surround your self by great people an dyou will always be successfull!

R U the reel "Bro"

Originally Posted By: ice-man/vexilar-king
R U the reel "Bro"

Wrong spelling. "Bro" is Brosdahl.