Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Icefisher23

Grove Lake

15 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if there any decent crappies in Grove Lake?

I haven't heard of any, and I know some guys that have been fishing there.

Would my best bet be to go there or go to West Olaf On Sunday?

I don't know anything about W. Olaf so I can't help you there.

If you were fishing for crappies where would you go in the Pelican area?

R U talking Swede Grove?

I would say no -- never seen or heard of any.

Grove lake is not a crappie lake. I fish that lake almost everyday in the summer and have never caught a single crappie. If you are looking to catch some crappies around the Pelican area, Lake Lida is a good place to start.

Alright thanks for the info. I think I'm going to try Olaf

Don't overlook the Olaf's :-) Grove is a great little gem, but word got out on the internet and it now sees hundreds of people out there on weekends trying for nice sunnies. They are done for the most part.

There are crappies in there but you will need to target them and you will not find many over the 8" mark. I hit it early ice this year and caught a ton of little crappies. I then had a guy send me a message on the forums and he said they were catching some hog crappies, I met him out there for those 12-15" And truly we caught 25 crappies under 9" and he informed me that "those are pushing 12 inches, eh?" There are a bunch of little lakes in that area that will treat you much better for crappies. When we fished crappies we hit deeper water and never saw a sunnie, in my times fishing sunnies, never have seen a crappie.

What about Pete lake? I see it on a map but have been told that there are only bass in there?

What do you mean by don't overlook the Olaf's?

Anything bighting on grove?

Have not heard anything since early this winter.

did you have any luck this weekend?

You mean me?

No -- never made it out. Going to LOW this am though, will post when I get back.

ggod luck up at LOW hitman