Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Se Mn FishSlayer

winter trout fishing pics lets see em

29 posts in this topic

caught this one last sunday on the root had a great day caught about 12 trout total this was the biggest at 21 inches CopyofDSCF0679.jpg

Thats a beauty!!!

Nice fish...it sure is nice when fishing the winter season does not feel like winter.

dang, nice trout.

Holy [PoorWordUsage], that's a monster. Awesome colors too. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Wow...that is a beast. What kind of lure were you using?

hey i was using a small silver mepps spinner in about 3 to 4 foot of faster moving water

Here's one from this winter

ty_rainbow2.jpg

check out the monster my buddy caught tonight!! DSCF0722.jpg

That's truly awesome man! Congrats!

SE MN Fishslayer- Where are you guys fishing on the river. Those are sweet fish. do you think the flooding last fall hurt the fish a lot. I figured it would. I am from up by the cities but I have come down that way trout fishing a couple of times. My relatives have some hunting land near Calidonia and that is where we fished. We had some luck but nothing like that. Great catch

Slayer, do you think that next time you could at least look happy to catch such a nice fish?

\:\)

i wasnt ready for the picture and i wanted to release it fast. but as you can see my buddy was ready for the picture with his cheesy smile.

I dont think the flooding hurt the river at all its some of the the small creeks that i think took the damage but thats just my guess we will have to see this spring when we can fish those creeks

Ya keep us updated on how you do this spring it will be interesting to see how you guys do considering all the rain.

I rarely see such a thing of beauty as those trout are. Very nice fellas. High fives on the release too.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Thats what is so cool about fishing minnesota you can share your pics with people who really like to look at them.

Happy Birthday FishSlayer!

Hey thanks for the happy birthday. Tried trout fishing this afternoon no luck though the river is pretty stained.

caught another monster winter trout fishing rocks!!

DSCF0836.jpg

Man, you are just a machine on those jumbo 'bows! Wish I knew of a spot that produced fish like that.

The quality of those bows your getting is just incredible. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Any length measurements on those hogzilla's?

i didnt have the tape with me when i caught the rainbow we guesstimated it at about 24 give or take an inch

Doesn't really matter, the pic says it all man!

good lord! you must be fishing in the hatchery brood stock ponds!

those three fish would make for a lifetime of great fish and it's only april.

i gotta party with you cowboy. i'll be in the area the first wwk of june!