Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walligator

Oak Lake

35 posts in this topic

Has anyone been having any luck on Oak Lake near Kerrick?I'm heading up on Friday.Any pointers would be great,we are going after sunfish and crappies.Fished it in the summer before but this is the first time on ice.

Thanks for any info

How thick is the ice on Oak Lake and are there springs to look out for?

does anyone fish oak lake have a cabin on the lake never went icefishing just summer fished is the ice thick for 4-wheelers yet

4 wheeler travel is safe. Fishing has been on the slow side though.

might go from our campground its called oak lake campground

We've been fishing in the middle the past week and it's been slow. Have heard it's been better over by the 'other' campground.

Hi, We have a place in oaklake also. Been there three seasons up on riverside. have not ice fished much but we do go up in the winter. Going up this weekend may try for some pike, I will let you know how we did.

Did you go out and if so how was the fishing?

Been getting a few keeper crappies and small northerns in the middle by the hump. There's still two houses in the area, but ours is coming off this week.

Neighbor, R u taking it off for the season already or just moving it?

It belongs to a friend of mine. He's leaving for Florida next Tuesday for two weeks, so it's coming off by this weekend. I've got my portable in the truck so my season goes as long as you can drive out.

does anyone know how much ice is out there and water?

Just got off about 2 hours ago. There is problably 30 inches of ice but there is water on top. We took the wheeler out but there was a Ford Explorer out there.

Was it a brown, rusty ford explorer?

I don't know if it had rust but there were 3 guys in it.

how much ice is up there can you walk or can you still drive 4-wheelers

How much ice is left on the lake?

Took a look last Sunday, was still frozen up to shore. Still walkable, probably 4-wheelerable. I can stop by there this afternoon and post an update.

Stopped by Thursday afternoon. Ice is still very walkable. It's still up to shore at the launch. Color is white to light gray, no real dark spots.

Is the ice off the lake yet?

Oak Lake is wide open.

Looks like it is time to head north and put the dock and start the spring clean-up.

Any early season reports?

Hi, we're looking at spending some time on Oak Lake - does anyone have any advice as to the quality of the water, fishing production and any other information you care to share? Any information you can provide would be most appreciated!

Camp at oak lake and head towards moose lake area for fishing