Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CHLIQ69

PURCHASED H20 AT SPORTSMAN'S SHOW

7 posts in this topic

I purchased a H20c at Reed's stand. This thing is very cool. the question that I have is that when you are on the WAAS sats. the EPE (Estimated Postion Error) shows that I'm 14 feet off. I thought these things where very accurate.

I think 14 feet is pretty good. I dont get much better than that on my H20.....at least I dont recall getting too much better than that. All GPS units will some EPE....I guess I cant believe there would be a huge difference between brands. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Cliffy

I never made it to the sportsmans show. How much was Reeds getting for the H2Oc?

14' is pretty good, the best I usually get is anywhere from 15'-30', unless I am standing still in an open field. The best I have ever gotten was an amazing 3', but that was like I said; standing still in on an open road while getting ready to go duck hunting on a clear morning. I have found that the units are pretty sensitive to movements.

Also, invest in some rechargeable batteries and a car charger; and keep them on you at all times. My batteries only last about 1-3 hours when fully charged. Don't forget that the unit will still draw some battery power even if it is plugged into a car charger.

Lenny

Reed's had them for $225.00 for the H20c and $75.00 for the lakemaster chip. We are going to Devils Lake this weekend and very excited to try this H20 out for the first time.

I use Lithium batteries in my H20c and they seem to last a long time.

I've heard that the gov't actually regulates the accuracy of recreational GPS units with the satellites that the units get their position from. That way the terrorists won't have just as accurate navigation equipment as our soldiers.

Big yes to the lithium --