Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Icefisher23

What do crappies hit on this time of the year?

13 posts in this topic

What are the crappies hitting on this time of the year?

I haven't had to change my presentation at all so whatever worked earlier should work now!!

a crappie minnow and some kind of glow jig always works for me, and if they get picky I down size to a waxie

same here keep the same presentation maybe hav to use just the head if they are picky, wax's have been working well for me lately.

As I posted earlier -- I killed them on Big Pine on a red glow rattle buckshot spoon and about 2/3 a minnow.

A deadly presentation right now.

I found that either the smallest size chubby darter or a frostee glow jig works very well. Both of which I tipped with a minnow head

I've found that crappies hitting on glow red jig/minnow before sunup, and glow white jig/waxie in the shallows during the day.

Sounds like you have a lot of good choices.

WEll the last few days appretly they have been biting better on waxies, spikes, mousies, and an occasional minnow.

As the season progresses I would say the larger profile minnow imitations will become more and more productive. The 2" power minnow will be my go to bait very soon.

I've been using Euro Larva all season with a glow jig. I'm not loosing right now. All colors of larva are working. It sure is FUN!

Well I didn't pull in any crappies today...Fished on olaf..caught a lot of sunfish and a few bass using fat boys, frisbee jigs, frostee jigs, and a few other things.. nothing would touch a crappie minnow. the only action i got was when i had a wax worm. anyone have any tips or info? or any other lakes in the Pelican are that are doing fairly well with crappies?

Thanks

Anyone?

I'm a bit farther north than you but the crappies have been biting pretty consistantly on a few lakes.