• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favre Retires!!!!!!!!!

wallmounter

Fishing is good but the golf sounds really strenuous or what ever word i can!t spell! \:D

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tisosy11

• james_walleye

• Scott K

• Flatlander

Originally Posted By: Sandmannd

Anyone hear his press confrense today? Cried like a little school girl.

All class man. It is quite obvious you've never been passionate about anything you've ever been involved with, or really put forth much effort. Not surprising I guess, just kind of sad.

Nothing wrong with the dude crying, but I likes poking fun at Favre. Even though I'm a vikes fan I would have respect for him except for one word "MADDEN". That guy ruined any game I watch that he was commentating. Even when he wasn't there he would bring Favre up in other conversations. Besides, I saw him cry before, the time Moss lit him up on MNF.

Besides, if you take everything I say that serious, you aren't going to like me. That's just how I am. Sorry if you take offense to it but I enjoyed it.

You guys are supprised that Favre was crying? He did that on every play that doesnt go his way! You should be used to it by now.

4wanderingeyes--

That's a great point that many don't remember too well, I figured there would be some tears, but come on, in this press conference it was "our records", "our team", when a rookie wants to be metored by him, it was, "it's not your job to worry about"....yup class act, marketing has been great for Farve, Green Bay and both's images, wins, records, and sold out stadiums hides a lot of [PoorWordUsage] that is going on....everyone should really try to see the big picture about this....a great quarterback of this generation retired, that's it, tomorrow there will be another one......

Sandmannd:

but yeah, Athlete's crying at every play or press conference if friggin hilarious! (I agree)

Nothing wrong with the dude crying, but I likes poking fun at Favre. Even though I'm a vikes fan I would have respect for him except for one word "MADDEN". That guy ruined any game I watch that he was commentating. Even when he wasn't there he would bring Favre up in other conversations. Besides, I saw him cry before, the time Moss lit him up on MNF.

Besides, if you take everything I say that serious, you aren't going to like me. That's just how I am. Sorry if you take offense to it but I enjoyed it.

Sorry, I misunderstood. It makes perfect sense now.

Crying like a school girl, but nothing wrong with the dude crying. Crystal clear.

Would respect him, but don't due to Madden. I know what you mean. I used to have a lot of respect for Garnett and how he prepared/played, but got over that after hearing how good he is, too. Totally Garnett's fault that he's talented, and announcers talk about him.

Lastly, I don't recall Favre ever lining up at corner, across from Moss. I don't follow the "time he lit up Favre on MNF".

Again, total class act. You truly epitomize all things purple.

Really I bleed red, maybe I need to drink more purple passion..... grin.gif

I am a vikes fan, but many people get way to wrapped up in professional sports, it's not: we are doomed, we are losing, we won, the team won, fans have little to no impact on that....

Just look at this post, so many emotional ties and seriously how many of us can say we met him, know him, hang out with him, ZERO.....

And Im sure if we have met him, he would give any of us the time of day, or as much as even a Hi!

I met hm once about 4 years ago at De Pere collage when he got out of his nice brand new silver hummer. I asked him for an autogragh (had a packer hardhat filled with the team minus him)and he told me he was hungry and had to eat, he shook my hand and walked away I took a picture as he was, thats the closest I ever got to him.

The number of starting quarterbacks used by each NFL team since Brett Favre's streak of consecutive starts began on Sept. 27, 1992:

Chicago Bears - 21

Washington Redskins - 18

Arizona/Phoenix Cardinals - 17

Miami Dolphins - 17

Atlanta Falcons - 16

Cleveland Browns - 16

New Orleans Saints - 16

Oakland/L.A. Raiders 16

St.Louis/L.A. Rams 16

Dallas Cowboys - 15

Detroit Lions - 15

N.Y. Jets - 15

Baltimore Ravens - 14

Minnesota Vikings - 14

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 14

Denver Broncos - 13

Philadelphia Eagles - 13

San Diego Chargers - 13

Cincinnati Bengals - 12

San Francisco 49ers - 12

Seattle Seahawks - 12

Tennessee/Houston Oilers/Titans - 12

Carolina Panthers - 11

Buffalo Bills - 10

Jacksonville Jaguars - 10

Indianapolis Colts - 9

N.Y. Giants - 9

Pittsburgh Steelers - 9

Kansas City Chiefs - 9

New England Patriots - 7

Houston Texans - 5

Green Bay Packers -1

--------------------------------------------------

Favre has won the Associated Press's MVP Most Valuable Player (MVP) Award three times, all in consecutive years (1995, 1996, and 1997; the last shared with Barry Sanders).

In 1999, he was ranked number 82 on The Sporting News' list of the 100 Greatest Football Players. In 2005, TSN published another special feature honoring the 50 Greatest Quarterbacks. With his career statistics considerably augmented, Favre was ranked number 4, behind Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana and John Elway, and just ahead of previous Packer quarterback legend Bart Starr.

Favre was named the Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year in 2007.

Favre has been selected to play in the Pro Bowl nine times in his career.

Favre is a six-time All-Pro selection.

Favre was named to the NFL 1990s All-Decade Team.

Has received the NFC Offensive Player of the Week honor 12 times.

Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle declared November 29, 2004 as Brett Favre Day to honor Favre's 200th consecutive NFL regular season start. That night, the Packers defeated the St. Louis Rams on Monday Night Football.

Men's Health Magazine voted Favre the "Toughest Person in America" in 2003.

Chris Greicius Celebrity Award from the Make a Wish Foundation in 2007 for "being a true standout, even among the many generous celebrities who help create magical experiences for the kids who wish to meet them."

United States Sports Academy Male Athlete of the Year Award in 2007 finishing ahead of Tiger Woods and Tom Brady.

NFC Offensive Player of the Year in 2007 presented by the NFL 101 Award Committee.

FedEx Air player of the year award in 2007.

--------------------------------------------------

Most AP NFL MVP awards: 3 (1995, 1996, 1997)

Most consecutive starts by a quarterback (NFL): 253 (275 including playoffs)

Most wins by a starting quarterback (NFL) regular season career: 160 (Regular season record: 160-93)

Most career passing touchdowns: 442

Most career passing yards: 61,655

Most career pass completions: 5,377

Most career pass attempts: 8,758

Most career interceptions thrown: 288

Most career games with at least three touchdowns: 63

wow shiner. did all that info come off the top of your head? grin.gif

Of course it did, all Packer fans know all of Favres stats, even High school. LOL

Quote:
wow shiner. did all that info come off the top of your head?

I wish, but no...........a lot of hard work from a friend of mine

Quote:
Of course it did, all Packer fans know all of Favres stats, even High school. LOL

Not all of them wandering, there's one in there I didn't know grin.gif

there is no doubt about it, he was the best in the game so far, and hes going to be missed alot.

Originally Posted By: Flatlander

Sorry, I misunderstood. It makes perfect sense now.

Crying like a school girl, but nothing wrong with the dude crying. Crystal clear.

Would respect him, but don't due to Madden. I know what you mean. I used to have a lot of respect for Garnett and how he prepared/played, but got over that after hearing how good he is, too. Totally Garnett's fault that he's talented, and announcers talk about him.

Lastly, I don't recall Favre ever lining up at corner, across from Moss. I don't follow the "time he lit up Favre on MNF".

Again, total class act. You truly epitomize all things purple.

Wow, obviously a Packer fan so I better quit picking on the chosen one. Look, I hate the pack, I hate all things pack and I'm poking fun. To question my character because I'm picking on your favorite son (who won't set foot in green bay now that he's retired) is unbelievable. The pack did get lit up on MNF, it was called Moss' coming out party, sorry if you put the bad memories in the back of your head. Was Farve a good QB? Yes, was the the best, nope. You would think in 17 years he would be able to make better decisions. I think his last pass in the NFL was a fitting end. He did break a lot of records, my favorite being the INT record.

I don't have a problem talking about him with him being good and all, but Madden takes it to the extreme. If it were up to him I think you would see Favre coming out of his bus. Lets not forget Trent "Freaking" Dilfer has as many Superbowl rings as the all mighty Favre. I don't wanna hear how many do the Vikes have. I'm saying if he's one of the greatest he should have more than one ring and two apperances. Look at Montana, Aaikman, Bradshaw and now Brady.

Oh yea, and I have been very passionate at things I have done. I was a musician from the age of 4. Played in Orchestra from 4th grade till I graduated. Played upright base through high school for Orchestra. When I was in 7th grade I started to play guitar and then switched to bass in high school. Started a band in my senior year and after high school I played in a couple of rock bands for a living until I was 24. Then I decided to try to settle down and not be on the road all the time. Was it hard to make that choice? Heck yea, real hard to give up what you love to do. Did I sob in front of a few million people about it, nope, actually didn't cry in front of one.

Again, I'm joking and I love getting a rise out of cheeseheads!!

Quote:
I don't have a problem talking about him with him being good and all, but Madden takes it to the extreme. If it were up to him I think you would see Favre coming out of his bus. Lets not forget Trent "Freaking" Dilfer has as many Superbowl rings as the all mighty Favre. I don't wanna hear how many do the Vikes have. I'm saying if he's one of the greatest he should have more than one ring and two apperances. Look at Montana, Aaikman, Bradshaw and now Brady.

So what you're saying is that rings make a great player?

Matt Light has 4 rings. Does that make him the best tackle of all time?

Randy Moss, no rings..........not one of the top 5 receivers of all time?

Marino, no ring..........

Barry Sanders, no ring.........

Andre Reed, no ring.........

Jim Kelly, no ring.........

Chris Carter, no ring.........

I could go on and on..............

So if we are judging people on how great they are by how many rings they have, then the above mentioned players aren't any good? Please, I know there is a rivalry between the Packers and the Vikings, but view Favre from the eyes of an everyday NFL fan. Is one of the greatest of all time; the greatest of all time, not IMO........but certainly in the top 5 if not top 3.

Did I say he wasn't any good? I just said if you are viewing him as one of the greatest or in the eyes of folks on here the greatest ever, then he should have gotten to more SB's and got another ring or two. Maybe not throwing as many picks would put him up there. Moss is a great reciever, CC was one of my favorites ever, but it does tarnish your career if you never get to the show and win it. And to be considered the greatest, well, IMO you need more than one. Don't you think not getting a ring had anything to do with CC not getting in the Hall this year?

I don't know if its the lack of rings. I would argue the 12-10 playoff record and how many different seasons ended as a direct result of him throwing horrible passes. The Joe Montanas of the world didnt have to many of those. Thats why i don't think Favre should be considered the best QB ever. Top 5, yes IMO, although i think that could also be debated.

shiner, you packer fans were the ones using the refence of the ring making him the greatest of all time! I think if that you can use the ring as why your packer team is better then our team, then you cant reverse your thinking and say the ring doesnt mean anything! We are just saying one ring in 17 years is nothing to be bragging about!

well I would say that's close but given the amount of time in the league, Brady, Manning will/should surpass all those records except for the INT record.

Now best ever, not a chance, top 5-8 yes, but so many others that 1 ring in 17 years isn't that great of an accomplishment for the, "CHOSEN ONE"

Originally Posted By: 4wanderingeyes
shiner, you packer fans were the ones using the refence of the ring making him the greatest of all time! I think if that you can use the ring as why your packer team is better then our team, then you cant reverse your thinking and say the ring doesnt mean anything! We are just saying one ring in 17 years is nothing to be bragging about!

wandering, please don't think I am singling you out, but I am a Packer fan, not all Packer fans. I don't think the 1 ring makes Favre the greatest of all time, I think his accomplishments, longevity, attitude, etc. make him top 5, maybe top 3, IMO.

The one ring makes the Packer TEAM better than the Vikings in the last 17 years. It takes more than one player to make it to the Super Bowl and it also takes more than one player to lose palyoff games.

I wish that the Vikings had had one quarterback for the last 16 years so we could compare the QB's rather than the teams, but alas, the Vikings have had 14. If you (everyone) compares the tangibles (things that are on paper for all to see, not just whats in your heart as a fan) Favre certainly ranks in the top 5 if not top 3, IMO.

This is a debate that could go on forever and no two people will ever agree on where the Top 10 QB's of all time should fall.

I wasn't making this a fudge vs queens argument. I thought this was about Favre being the greatest or in the top five. That's what I'm arguing. I still put him in the top 10 but not the top 5.

I would say hes about 8-12...somewhere in there. Considering players now that will pass him up.

Hes a darn good QB, but playoff record, picks and personal opinion don't think hes the best.

It will be something say in 5-6 years and the only record he has is the interception one!!!

That was the point I was trying to make sandmannd, I just didn't come right out and say it. I am enjoying the different opinions I'm finding in between all the Pack vs. Vikings garbage. We'll have plenty of time for that topic after the draft grin.gif