• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favre Retires!!!!!!!!!

wallmounter

So is todays date going to become Brett Favre Day in WI, or what date do you think they will use?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tisosy11

• james_walleye

• Scott K

• Sandmannd

ofcourse packer fans hold him on a pedestal...their team would of been [PoorWordUsage] without him...not just packer fans hold him on a pedestal but football fans in general.

no one is more reliable then favre...he's an iron man and a gunslinger.

takes more then 1 guy to win playoff games and superbowls...sounds like you guys hold him on a pedastal thinking he should of won every playoff game and superbowl single handedly.

Originally Posted By: gopher_nation
So is todays date going to become Brett Favre Day in WI, or what date do you think they will use?

I couldn't think of a better day......3/4......3 for the number of MVP's and 4 for his jersey......

Wow....One heck of a career. No jealously here. Just a player you love to hate. Are we supposed to be sad that the guy responsible for dozens of 4th quarter comebacks against our team is retiring? Who did not fully expect him to lead the pack to a win in OT over the Giants this year? Packers need to have a reliable back-up on their team now.

Thanks for the memories Brett. Its just a game and always has been.

Originally Posted By: FISHINGURU

takes more then 1 guy to win playoff games and superbowls...sounds like you guys hold him on a pedastal thinking he should of won every playoff game and superbowl single handedly.

It only takes one to throw it away though

not really...what about a bad coaching call somewhere in the game? the wr that drops the easy td or first down? the rb that made that fumble in the game? the corner that dropped the easy pic?

football is a team sport...takes the whole team to win.

to call a game by 1 play is funny....thats where you get the if's...if this would of happened or that wouldn't of happened we would of won.

if that o-line would of blocked better maybe someone wouldn't of had to make that throw.

Hey - How many 4th quarter comebacks has Favre had against Minnesota?

Brett does have a winning record against the vikings...17-16...

It is something to talk about...in a 16-17 year career he only won one superbowl...Favre is/was a good quarterback...he's not the best ever, he's in the top tenish.

The iron man thing really got to me, because throughout those years he LOST so many of those games because he started them and gave him team a worse chance to win. The broken thumb year comes to mind...

Of course it takes a whole team to win. But if your tossing around INT's thats all it takes to lose.

Originally Posted By: james_walleye
Ok i'm done,

Typical Viking fan. Talking out of both sides of your mouth.

whistle.gif

yeah just like peyton manning wasn't considered a great qb cause he couldn't get to the superbowl and win right? but as soon as he wins 1 he's one of the greatest of all time lol.

or tom brady is a legend and one of the greatest cause he won a couple superbowls...i'm talkin before this season and the spygate...he had mediocre #'s but won superbowls.

so whats better...all time stats or who wins the most superbowls?

Flat what part of my statement doesnt make sense to you.....

I just looked at the yards Brady has thrown for every year, pretty comparible to what Favre has throw for in every year.

Flat what part of my statement doesnt make sense to you.....

I was making sport of the fact that you said you were done posting, only to post again. Just ribbing you a bit.

I will draw a picture outlining the intent of my kfan post for you though, if necessary. I think that one zipped over your head as well.

All in good fun. grin.gifgrin.gif

Just heard that on KFAN. That's a riot. How many turkey legs and beef sticks you think he's chowin on.

Ok - I remember hearing a comment from one of the guys (i think Mr. Phun) on KFAN sometime this year early in the season saying how Minnesota Vikings fans are not good fans because all you see in the stadium is Moss and older player jerseys...He said this after a trip to Lambeau field...

I dare him to return to Lambeau in 3-4 years and take a look at the stands...he'll have to go in September before the hunter gear comes out, but there are going to be a heck of a lot of #4's...

My take on the news and this post is be happy for Favre and his fans. My uncle, shiner2367, my collegiate Wisconsin buddies, one of my best friends that was in my wedding....these are all guys that lived and died with Favre and the Packers. Instead of calling them up or posting on here and ripping on Favre or try to knock them down why not congratulate them, congratulate Favre, congratulate the Packers. What a great career, what a fun time playing the game, what a tradition they had.

FishingMinnesota's motto is "We have more fun" and that should extend to the Sports Forums as well. Too many posts are ripping a guy, a player, a team...while that's part of following sports (to an extent) it's not the whole thing. Rivalries are a part of sports too, but today is a day to set it aside. Celebrate the good part of sports and don't be so cynical and negative about sports on the whole or a member of the opposition.

Quote:
It is foolish and childish, on the face of it, to affiliate ourselves with anything so insignificant and patently contrived and commercially exploitive as a professional sports team, and the amused superiority and icy scorn that the non-fan directs at the sports nut (I know this look -- I know it by heart) is understandable and almost unanswerable. Almost. What is left out of this calculation, it seems to me, is the business of caring -- caring deeply and passionately, really caring -- which is a capacity or an emotion that has almost gone out of our lives. And so it seems possible that we have come to a time when it no longer matters so much what the caring is about, how frail or foolish is the object of that concern, as long as the feeling itself can be saved. Naivete -- the infantile and ignoble joy that sends a grown man or woman to dancing and shouting with joy in the middle of the night over the haphazardous flight of a distant ball -- seems a small price to pay for such a gift.

-The New Yorker's Roger Angell in his piece "Agincourt and After," after Carlton Fisk's famous home run in the 1975 World Series.

Congratulations to Favre and the Pack. I'm glad someone could find joy and hope and could care about his career and playing the game the way he did. I would hope someone would offer the same to me when one of my sports heroes retired.

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! this post is alittle over 6 hours old and already has 750 hits and 76 posts.. This tells me that everyone against Farve is happy now that they have a chance. grin.gif.At least you can say you have played against the best.

Good luck in the future #4

Jar Jar

sandman - the answer is none[turkey legs]. today, in honor of bart farve he is dining solely on cheese curds. boy, i would hate to be that toilet.

The only reason Favre played this year was to set the record...not for his team...for him.

Was he great? Yes. Is this big news? Yes. Was he highly overrated? Oh yes, definately. Will he be missed? No. For he will most likely sign with another team. LOL.

Packer fans are funny. When Moss "mooned" the crowd there was so many hate messages about Moss from Packer Backers and their team would NEVER have a play like this and the Vikings should be ashamed. So, they sign Robinson and try to get Moss. LOL

I just looked at the yards Brady has thrown for every year, pretty comparible to what Favre has throw for in every year.

but if favre had moss last year his numbers would have been way up and brady's would have gone way down. IMO

Well, if favre comes back...he'd have to come back with the packers. He is under contract for 3 more years i think...

So Brett retired.......

SO WHAT

DOES IT REALLY MATTER????

WHAT IS REALLY IMPORTANT IS HOW DEEP THE CRAPPIES ARE, WHAT THEY ARE BITING ON, WHAT LAKE TO GO TO, AND WHERE THE NEAREST BAR IS TO CELEBRATE THE FACE THAT WE WON'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO MADDEN TALK ABOUT HOW FAVRULOUS BRETT FAVRE IS...

Ive spent the last umpteen years waiting for Favres arm to get ripped off and have him beaten with it,but thats cause he wasnt on my club.JW if he was on my team and had a losing record in playoff games I guess I could live with that,cause at least he got them there.If you can blame him for the loses you have to give him the credit for getting them to that position.But alas it is a team game so end of story there.If he is retired and not just tired, hes been a great figure in the football world.And if he comes back its back to my first thought eek.gif

Favre was a great QB, no denying that. He set some records(one that Im sure he does not want), played in some big games, and even won a superbowl. To me Favre always seemed like a great guy. Taking time out for fans, and almost always had a smile on his face while playing the game he loved. Though I am happy as a fly on a turd that he retired, I will always have respect for that guy as a person and professional athlete. He had a great career and was loved buy all his fans and hated by all his rivals(not hated as a person but as a competitor). Favre does deserve respect for what he did during his career. Just because he was a Packer(Dang Cheeseheads!!) does not mean he was a bad man. Im sure if a viking fan were to come up to him with their #28 jersey on he would still sign a autograph with a smile on his face. Here's to Favre and the great career that man had. My hat goes off to one of the best to play the game.

Wow, you purple wearing Cheese haters really are lacking just a Tad in the Class department. I can admit that Fran Tarkington was a great QB. [PoorWordUsage], he was the best you guys have ever had.

This Packer fan can remember the Lynn Dickie years, Even David Whithurst. Yes, Bret had flaws. Bret isn't the greatest QB to ever play, but as they say, It sure as heck don;t take long to call roll. He [PoorWordUsage] sure is above anyone to ever wear purple. IMO he is top 5. Sure he threw too many pics, but he won us a Superbowl, to add to the 12 other championships we have. If you wanna sling mud, get to the dance an win one first!