• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

TWINS on ESPN - March 5th

mr_jman

Our first chance to watch the new look of the Twins will come on Wednesday, March 5th @ 12:15pm on ESPN! Then again on FSN on Sunday, March 9th @ 12:05pm! Both games vs. the Yankees!

ENJOY!

my neighbor just got back from watching the Twins in Ft Meyers and won a full sized bat autographed by Joe Mauer, oh by the way, he won the trip down there too, the lucky b------

to bad that im going to be at work all day, goign to have to tape it up

Great day to work from home. Avoid the snowy commute and flick between the high school hockey tournament and Twins game all afternoon. Just hope my boss isn't viewing these pages...

--edit-- Wow!! Garret Jones just blasted a home run WAY out to right field. That ball was absolutely crushed.

We have some good players on our team but there was a few rookie mistakes there also. I think we will be competitive this year, more so with a strong second half.

I agree with wanderin - it will be a tough open to the season....acclumating all the new guys and such.

But we should come together nicely down the stretch and scare for 2nd in the division...not that we can do it but we can get close i think.

Not to boast or anything but I'm heading to Fort Myers on Friday March 14th for a little spring training action and a few jaunts out in the Everglades. I'm getting pretty pumped-up for the trip given all this winter has dished out.

We're also going to a Red Sox game down there. I can't wait to see David-O again; he was my favorite Twin when he was actually in the line-up back in the day. Who remebers him hitting a home run in KC with a wrist broken on the previous at bat?

I've got to admit though, given his track record leading up to his departure I could see why the Twins wouldn't give him the money; just too many injuries.

Yes, I remember Ortiz hitting that homer - now that you mention it!

Pretty good game overall! Of course there were some mistakes primarily in Center (I thought). Alexi Casilla made a really nice play and throw from the hole though! 3 homers on offense isn't bad either. None of them came from a Twin on the team last year! Neshek looks good again! We gave up a 9th inning HR and they had the tying run at the plate, but otherwise a good game!

See if they can out perform the Yanks on Sunday on FSN! But now it's time to watch some HS Hockey and GOPHERS basketball tonight after work!

there is going to be mistakes, there is no doubt about it. Fact is they have the Grapefruit league to get that all out of there system before the real season starts. Lets hope!!

I think Young was a great addition to the team. I am picking Gomez will win the CF postion, at first I thought Pirdie should have it but have since changed my mind. Lamb, and Harris will cover the infield, and Buscher will be the reliever/pinch hitter.

Watching yesterdays game I thought Oswaldo had some good stuff for a closer, until he gave up the dinger in the 9th. Although he is really young, he has some time to control his pitches yet.

SP- Baker, Boof, Liriano, Hernandez, Blackburn to start the season. A month in, who knows!

First five starters in regards to opening day...Livan, Baker, Boof, Liriano, Blackburn

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      Nope not me.  May want to go nextdoor and ask around?  
    • smurfy
      Looks to me like Leech brought his chair home!!😅😆
    • Brianf.
      I'm not there, so I can't tell exactly what's going on but it looks like a large area of open water developed in the last day with all of the heavy snow on the east side of wake em up Narrows. These two photos are from my Ring Camera facing north towards Niles Point.  You can see what happened with all of snow that fell in the last three days, though the open water could have been wind driven. Hard to say. .  
    • SkunkedAgain
      Black Bay had great ice before but a few spots near rockpiles where there were spots of open water. It looks like the weight of the snow has created a little lake in the middle of the bay.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Thanks to some cold spring weather, ice fishing continues strong for those still ice fishing.  The bite remains very good.  Most resorts have pulled their fish houses off for the year, however, some still have fish houses out and others are allowing ATV and side by sides.  Check social media or call ahead to your favorite resort for specifics. Reports this week for walleyes and saugers remain excellent.   A nice mix of jumbo perch, pike, eelpout, and an occasional crappie, tullibee or sturgeon being reported by anglers. Jigging one line and using a live minnow on the second line is the way to go.  Green, glow red, pink and gold were good colors this week.     Monster pike are on a tear!  Good number of pike, some reaching over 45 inches long, being caught using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring in 8 - 14' of water.   As always, work through a resort or outfitter for ice road conditions.  Safety first always. Fish houses are allowed on the ice through March 31st, the walleye / sauger season goes through April 14th and the pike season never ends. On the Rainy River...  The river is opened up along the Nelson Park boat ramp in Birchdale, the Frontier boat ramp and Vidas boat ramp.  This past week, much of the open water skimmed over with the single digit overnight temps.   Areas of the river have popped open again and with temps getting warmer, things are shaping up for the last stretch through the rest of the spring season, which continues through April 14th.   Very good numbers of walleyes are in the river.  Reports this week, even with fewer anglers, have been good.  When temps warm up and the sun shines, things will fire up again.   Jigs with brightly colored plastics or jigs with a frozen emerald shiner have been the desired bait on the river.  Don't overlook slow trolling crankbaits upstream as well.   Good reports of sturgeon being caught on the river as well.  Sturgeon put the feed bag on in the spring.  The bite has been very good.  Most are using a sturgeon rig with a circle hook loaded with crawlers or crawlers / frozen emerald shiners. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing is winding down up at the Angle.  Walleyes, saugers, and a number of various species in the mix again this week.  The bite is still very good with good numbers of fish.  The one two punch of jigging one line and deadsticking the second line is working well.   Check with Angle resorts on transport options from Young's Bay.  Call ahead for ice road guidelines.  
    • CigarGuy
      With the drifting, kind of hard to tell for sure, but I'm guessing about a foot and still lightly snowing. Cook end!
    • PSU
      How much snow did you get on Vermilion? 
    • Mike89
      lake here refroze too...  started opening again yesterday with the wet snow and wind...  very little ice left today...
    • Hookmaster
      A friend who has a cabin between Alex and Fergus said the lake he's on refroze. He texted me a pic from March 12th when it was open and one from 23rd when it wasn't. 🤯
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't think that there has been any ice melt in the past few weeks on Vermilion. Things looked like a record and then Mother Nature swept in again.   I'll give my revised guess of April 21st

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.