• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Jevon K to Vikings!!!!!

bassNspear

if we don't do anything else we might as well sign him.

he was off to a good start in 06 before he sprained legiments in his knee...07 wasn't a very good year for him but he was coming off that bad injury...he played 14 games though so the 07 season might of been getting back into football form.

i'd never sign him if he wants big money....for the right price his upside would be worth giving him a shot...we know the talent is there...and he'd be lining up with fat pat and k-will.

childress said he was watching his film and nosing around finding out some answers last i heard...i'm sure he's checking on his injury status first.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tisosy11

• FISHINGURU

• EEBS

• Scott K

Well it looks like Kearse is coming for a visit anyways. He's going to Tenessee and Mn for a work out I guess.

It is likely he won't leave Tennessee...But if we are able to get a Kearse or a Taylor on the CHEAP.

Get R Done!

Originally Posted By: muc33
WOW coach, I have never heard anyone who thought Moss was used up!

I guess you didn't listen or read the sporting worlds take on the Moss trade when it took place....why do you think the Pats got him for only a 4th round draft choice? It was a low risk high reward type deal with Moss and they got the high reward....There were "experts" that were saying he might get cut during traing camp last year!!

Kearse is used up, especially after his last knee injury. Not sayin he has nothing left, but he's definitely not the player he used to be.

He'll play hard as long as the team is going good. If they tank, he'll loose interest.

lol what? do some people live in their closets?

when we got rid of moss most people thought he was used up...when he went to oakland they all thought forsure they were right after they seen him play there.

some so called experts thought a 4th rounder was to high of a price to pay for him....there was always the thoughts of how good he could be matching up with brady but no one thought he'd do that good. they thought it was to late in his career.

i'm glad i had brady and moss on 1 of my fantasy teams last yr...talk about an easy gold trophy.

moss will play hard when he has a qb that can get him the ball any given play....people can rip on him all they want for taking plays off but moss was mainly used as a fly guy...you'd get tired to running a fly as fast as you can down the field every play.

FISHINGURU --

I think that is not a very good comparison, when Moss left he was healthy, when he was with the Raiders he was healthy. Jevon Kearse has had serious leg and knee injuries which take quite a toll on a body after the amount of years he has been playing. I think at 31yo, he may be a good addition like I said earlier, but he (and Jason Taylor) are not the answer's.

Moss was injured supposedly the year we sent him to Oakland and he was supposedky injured while in Oakland....not surgery injuries but "nagging" injuries.....

You don't want Jason Taylor.....Why not??....he is in great shape is a good person (it appears) and has another 2-3 years of good football left in him IMO.....he would give us a legit outside threat and is a proven workhorse.....I would love to see Taylor in Purple!

who's comparing moss to kearse? that would be pretty dumb...i was talking about the quote someone said that they never heard anyone ever say moss was used up.

but anyway....moss wasn't healthy when he left here and he wasn't healthy in oakland either. he missed 3 games here with leg and back problems the last yr he played with us and alot of the games he did start he was hurting...same with oakland.

Originally Posted By: ozzie

You don't want Jason Taylor.....Why not??....he is in great shape is a good person (it appears) and has another 2-3 years of good football left in him IMO.....he would give us a legit outside threat and is a proven workhorse.....I would love to see Taylor in Purple!

you got that right ozzie....taylor would be a perfect fit for the vikings...great shape, workhorse, great character/locker room/ community guy, gets after the qb, causes fumbles, ect.....everything the vikes organization said we are looking for in players from now on.

any premier DE will excell on our line next to pat and k-will...you can't double them all.

Didn't say I didn't want him, just think his name gets used out of context and certain people feel he would be the answer, he would be good to get but there are some dam good choices in the draft too

Thanks FISHINGURU and ozzie.... I was beginning to wonder if I posted in the Twilight Zone as no one else seemed to remember the takes many experts had on Moss before last year. Moss "may" have had nagging injuries, but if they were leading their division and lining up a playoff spot in Oakland, he would have been a stud as he always has been when he wanted to.

As far as Kearse.... it is a gamble with a chance at a high reward... I would never give him big $$$, but an incentive laiden deal would suit me just fine.... I think he will sign with Tenn though.

you wouldn't think he would get big money since no one really went after him...he's pretty much one of the last DE options out there...but you never know with all this money players are getting this year....guess we'll find out soon what some team thinks he's worth.

the thing with the draft opposed to getting Taylor is that you know what you are getting with Taylor and in the draft you might just get the next Erasmus James!!! In a perfect world I think we get Taylor and use a pick to get a DE and have him learn from an all-pro in Taylor!!!

I heard on the radio this morning he is on his way here today for a visit.

yup at Tennessee yesterday and here today, I am thinking Tennessee will offer him the $$$$ he is looking for

If we did get Taylor, and I'm not promoting this idea, we should look at other positions for the draft then DE. OR, we should get a free agent other then Taylor at a different position and then take a DE, if a good one is available.

We need a new quarterback.....asap

QB isnt a dire need, we just need a veteran QB to back up T-Jack, if injured or falls on his face. There isnt much out there now, but when teams start cutting players in Augast there will be more to choose from. It wouldnt make sense to draft early for a QB, we allready have a young QB, and to get a good one now in a trade, it will cost to much.

IMO Starting QB is not a need, a good veteren would be huge.

If we got a DE in Free Agency...a DE would still be a # 1 need through the Draft...

The NFL is won at the lines...Defensive and Offensive.

Yep a vet QB and a decent DE would be awesome. I'm pulling for the freak or for Taylor. WE have the middle sewn up pretty good already. We need someone to chase down Aaron Rogers. HAHA!!!!!!!

You mean like a Kelly Holcomb, or a Brooks Bollinger, or say a Koy Detmar 2 day trial, I would not take a QB early in the draft. However, I would not be opposed to finding a decent QB like a Sage R., Lohsman, Carr, etc. I cannot believe that Childress is allowed to continue his 3 year experiment with T Jack. He's clearly not an NFL qb. I'm not saying Carr or Lohsman are either but I find it hard to believe that they would have any less success then T Jack.

Screw it -- lets call up Noga, Doleman, Millard, Randle get them all back again! grin.gif

Eebs - how clear is he not an NFL qb? Since hes in the news heavily right now. Brett Favre was clearing not an NFL qb either...in the eyes of the Falcons. I would assume you aren't being paid to judge NFL talent...what are your clear cut reasons he can't cut it? We can leave out his overall winning record as a starter if you want...

t-jack 07 numbers (12 games) - 70 qb rating, 58.2% compl., 1900 yards, 12 scores (9pass,3run), 15 TOs(12 picks, 3 fumbles), 260 yards rushing (think of all his receivers dropped balls, at least 2-3 sure tds)

carr 07 numbers (6 games) - 58 qb rating, 53.7% comp, 635 yards, 3 score (3 pass), 5 TOS (5 picks), 5 yars rushing (he had steve smith to throw to...)

losman 07 numbers (8 games) - 76.9 qb rating, 63.4% comp, 1200 yards, 4 Scores (4 pass), 8 TOs (6 picks, 2 fumbles), 110 yards rushing (he had lee evans to throw to)

The upside of T-Jack is big. Carr and Losman have proved over and over again that they are not really better than one Brooks Bollinger.

I say we need to quick hating on T-Jack like everyone hated on D-Culp...lets give the Kid a chance. He did QB this team to 5 straight wins last year...2 games w/out rookie of the year...

Lets say he was able to win 1 or 2 of the last games...I wonder what the tune of #7 would be then. Rookies* usually don't quarterback their team to 7 straight and into the playoffs

You can say that T Jack won 5 games in a row. But can you really? Its not that hard to take a snap turn and give the ball to someone. And to say that Carr and Loshman are proven Brooks Bollingers is not a very valid statement. Quarterbacking at Minnesota was not a hard task last year. #1 rushing team, #28 passing. No receiver was double covered all year, and yes im aware we need help at the receiver position but I can't wait any longer with this Jackson Experiment. What do we do if he sux again this year.........give him another year? Just deal with it? We need another QB. Period. At least to put some pressure on TJack.

Ok ok. so bring in Carr of the nfls 29th worst passing team...Maybe bring in losman of the nfls 30th worst passing team.

Give T-jack steve smith or lee evans and i would guarantee you we wouldn't be 28th

EEBS, sure I would take a good QB anyday, if yo ucan talk one into coming here. Go see if Tom Brady will come play for us, How about one of the Maning boys, Romo? Who do you have in mind, that will take over our team that is available and would come hear? Im sure if we offerd AP we could get a trade for a good QB, but do you want that? Im open for suggestions, I am sure if you can strike a good deal with another team for a good QB, Im sure the Vikings front office would listen.

now your just being ridiculous...i said i would like to see a decent veteran to come and challenge T Jack for a spot. And for your trading away AD comment, thats just you being regardless. Do you want me to say that I'm happy with Brooks Bollinger backing up T Jack as our ever dangerous and powerful quarterback tandem?

No thank you. But I do like the idea of getting Brady or one of those Manning boys. Preferably Peyton.

Oh and give Lohsman or Carr Adrian Peterson and I guarantee they have a better passing team then #28