Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rascalP

? concerning ATV's

6 posts in this topic

Stfcat, ST or anyone else,

We're coming up the 9th to fish a few area lakes and a buddy was wondering about bringing his wheeler. We'll be fishing some lakes off the Echo Trail that have trail access and some bigger lakes like Burntside. Wondering if a wheeler would be a waste of time. Some of us have snowmobiles, so we're not walking(much) without the ATV. What do you think? Leave it home?

Also, if anybody is heading out to Burntside Sun.,Mon. or Tues. and wouldn't mind a few tag-alongs, let me know. None of us has fished lake trout before.( We're up for the "other" trout, Ely winter beauty, and crappies) But have been wanting to try the lakers, and how can we be up there and not try the premier laker lake in the Ely area. Seems like the first place to stop would be Great Outdoors for info and lures, right?

Thanks again for the info!

rascal

rascalP,

I see from your posting that you are a person of extremely high intelligence when you realize that TGO is the 1st place to stop when you come to Ely. \:D\:D\:D

Snowmobiles may be better for getting to your destination, but the ATV will be fine, just slower.

When will you be arriving in Ely (day/time)???

I'll be at the shop from 7-3, Saturday and Sunday.

Bring a map of Burntside and a GPS, then we can show you some possible spots to try! cool.gif

GO,

You're killin me, never been accused of that before crazy.gif. 3 of our group will be up Sat.. Me and a couple other buddies will be up Sun. morn around 9am(I hope). Where are you located? On the main drag? Do you keep weekday hours? We'll be up till Tues. Looks like we're in for a warm up. Nice. I'll add sunscreen to the list.

Thanks, and see ya next week!

rascal(Ethan)

rascal, great that you are coming up! Hope you have great luck!

Sled or ATV, as GO said either will do you, sled if you're in the groove and ATV if you aren't in a rush.

I'll be back on the ice Monday, so you can shoot me an e-mail if you'd like.

Let us know how you do, will ya? We're always looking for solid info. No locations, mind you, just what you were after, what type of depths/structure you were on and what baits used.

Man, you gotta love lakers and crappies!

To be fair, two other local bait stores with winter hours and good bait and info are Babe's Bait and Tackle on the western edge of town (the real first place to stop if you're coming into Ely from Tower) and Lucky 7, about half way through town on the main drag.

Good luck out there! grin.gif

rascalP,

Located on Sheridan street, which is Ely's main drag.

It's one block east from Zup's grocery store.

ST and GO,

Thanks for all the info. I'm real pumped on getting back to the winter wonderland. Probably leaving the wheeler home(trailer space) and we'll be fine without it. Stcat, I sent an e-mail but don't know if it went through- our e-mails kind of funky. Maybe see you guys on the ice in the future.

rascal