• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Warroad Area

Hey guys,

I was wondering what the walleye/perch bite was like in the Warroad area. We would be mainly after pike, but I know my dad would like a little walleye/perch action too. Anyone?

No one fishes this side of the lake?

Must be lonely out on the water!

I personally couldn't tell you any current reports...What I can tell you, anytime I've fished out of Warroad, I've NEVER been skunked...Of course I'm also counting the ever so favorable, Bottle Bass!!!

Thanks....I'm not looking for current reports...I'm just wanting to know in general...is there any kind of walleye/perch bite in the Warroad area to go along with the pike that come in late ice?

Hey doop, i'm pretty familiar fishing "around" the warraod area. Yeah it is mostly known for its northern bite late in the season, but you can also find some nice walleye and perch in the area. Last year my family and I were going to take our permanent out to 5 mile but we were caught up in a snow storm and ended up fishing the swift ditch area just a few miles out of warroad. We were fishing out 17-18 ft. and ended up doing pretty good. That next day my uncle caught a 10lb hog eye and had another one on that broke his line. But anyway there is good fishing that way but usually its best in 13-17 fow mid afternoon to sundown.

I just pulled back into the yard from warroad. We did fair on eyes out at 5 mile . We were there tues and wed probably caught 60 to 70 but were smaller. we did get some between 14" and 18" but had to work for them . we had our best luck in 18 to 21 feet of water. We were off the roads with the pickup quite a bit but it was tough going.