• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2nd Annual Sportsman's Swap Meet

Hey Frank what time are you gonna need help setting up on Friday? I can stop by and give a hand. Or maybe I will stop by and visit.

Ok guys we are only a couple days away. I know we still have room for a few more people to sell.

Coffee, brauts and pop will be available I believe so stop by check out all the gear and have a bite to eat.

See ya all there.

Just for record the Duluth News tribune stated that the sale was going to open at 7:00 (Sam Cooks little blurb in the local section)and the ad on FM says 8:00. Last year was 8:00 so I an guessing the paper is wrong but I don,t want to get there late and miss out on all the great deals.

Ya we will open doors at 8am. Frank how will we keep public out until 8am? Lock the front and have sellers come through the back?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

First I want to thank the Duluth News Tribune for nice segment on the Swap Meet. We really do appreciate them for doing that.

The mix up was not their fault and thats all it was, an honest mistake.

I've been wondering what we'll do about the error in time. To be fair we can't open at 7AM. We hope folks will understand that. I've delegated Northlander to handle the mob waiting at the door.

I will open the hockey side for those waiting. Maybe Steve could do a seminar or perhaps some cards tricks to kill the time.

I'll help out and give away One Free Lesson to the Chuck Norris driving school on the stipulation we use your car.

Meanwhile the Tribe will write a retraction.

Marshall give me a ring when you can.

Frank

Well I just loaded the truck with stuff I dont use and people should like. See everyone tomorrow at 8AM.

I just got back from the Swap Meet. Man was there some great stuff and great deals. You snooze you loose. Early birds get the worms.

Good old Mike E. had a new Gortex Lund Rainsuit I just couldnt live without and blew all of what I made and more on it. Happens every year though. Just when I think I have got to the point where Im making money I see something else I just cant do without. LOL.

Thanks to everyone who showed up and sold some great goodies and to those who stopped by and got in on the good deals.

Another great Swap Meet Frank. Your new FM name should be Swap Meet Frankie. I think Dick and Al are going to have to go in for stitches. LOl.

Cheffrey did you happen to find what I put in the back of your truck? whistle.gif

Til next year guys. Ill see ya on the water.

A Big Thanks to Scottie and Fishermans Corner for the nice donations , The Bears Den for the awesome Jerky and Pepperoni Sticks and table of goodies and Russ at Marine General for his Donations. Much appreciate everyone!

There was nothing in my truck silly. Thanks everyone, especially Frankie, I took my proceeds and ordered a sweet TFO reel.

Had a good time. Got to meet some new people and make a buck or two and then spend it. Frank did did a good job but I think you should have brought a broom with so we good have finished it. Also its good to see cheffery found a way to spend his BD.

Frank

two years in a row, two great sales. I second the name [swap meet frankie]. unfortunately no one had want I was looking for. Well maybe next year.

O

There was nothing in my truck silly.

Ya but I had ya looking. ;\) Hope ya have a good time tonight. Tel your better half thanks for the Walleye Fish Towel and Walleye shirt.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

It sure was great time and it couldn't have happened without all of you. I supported the fur industry thats for sure with 2 fur hats and fur slippers for Leila and the kids. Chiara being on the shy side couldn't hold back the emotion and smiles, it was worth the empty wallet for the Fox fur hat.

A big Thanks to, Fisherman's Corner, Marine General, RJ's, Richard Eimer, and North Shore Wildlife Control for the raffle donations.

Some good deals to be had and even better if you bargain a little (something tells me Dick and Al are fast healers)which is half the fun. Thanks Again everyone!

My thanks to you as well Frank for all of your hard work . Thank you also to all of the others that helped out and of course the the buyers who purchased items.

What can I say Steve that Lund suit fit you perfectly , you had to have it . Look at it as if it was a necessity and not a luxury item. Kinda like socks and shoes. Ha ha

I wonder if dick made it home with his decor still intact yesterday. It did look good and he got a good deal on it.

Was a good time and some great deals. As always I spent more than I should have but I really need it right? grin.gif

;)We always need it ;\) That is why we will need some next year to. Frank again a great job with the brats I ate no supper needed. tired.gif just a nap

Joining in with everyone else, I'd also like to thank you Frank. Great job.

Out of curiosity, if the posters said it would start at noon, would people still show up at 7 to buy things?

Good to chat with a lot of you folks again. Maybe we'll see you guys next pulling nets on the beach.

Truly lots of fun guys ! If you missed it - you missed out till next year. It sure put the spring cleaning fever in me - I'm sure next year will be as good of a success as this year. Couldn't resist some of the fur action and bargains on numerous lures and jigs. On to smelt and steelhead I guess. See you guys with my Christianson's on the big pond soon.

Thanks all for coming to view our items and find some awesome deals.

Cruizin

I'm really bummed I had to miss this especially after I found out they had those great fur hats. I NEED one of them BAD! \:\(

Evntam the amswer is yes. Its like a rummage sale. Your setting up at 5am and you open at 8am and there are people there bugging ya to buy stuff. Thats part of why I dont do rummage sales no more.

Like I said this year the front door needs to be locked until 8am. Its better for sellers and fair for all.