• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing Partner Infomercial

Anyone see the latest fishing gadget on the ol' infomercial this weekend? It was a remote control boat with a line for your lure to troll with and then a float behind the thing to tell you when you have a bite then just drive back to where your at on shore and you have fish to pull up.....

I believe that is illegal in MN, as it sets the hook with a mechanical manner (driving the boat). Looks like fun though \:\)

yea it looks like its just for kids to catch little sunnies, if you cought something big say goodbye to the boat. Its a fun idea though

Yeah, I saw that and thought instantly no way is that legal, but be fun to watch a some big ol fish come up and take a chunk out of it thinking it was a top water...... whistle.gif

They sell them at Wal-Mart in Elk River, at the sporting good desk.

I spoke with some of the guys selling this thing at a recent boat show, and they swore up and down that they are NOT illegal.

So jug fishing for catfish is illegal, but this isn't?????

maybe put a jug on the transom (so you know where it is) and then it will be legal! grin.gif

I did call DNR today and they said it would be illegal to use for fishing in MN. You do not set hook by moving boat forward (as they claim), but the DNR said it was the automatic retrieval of fish that was illegal. Basically what I had observed at Wal-mart was it acts like a tip up of sorts. You motor boat out to spot and a bobber/flag device notifies you a fish has taken bait. In theory, you motor the boat back to land or dock. This was the feature the DNR said would be illegal in MN. Basically the trolling feature for fish is not illegal. It would be kind of like trolling with a rod in a holder and the motion of the forward movement of the boat is not “considered” a mechanical hook set device, it was the remote activated retrieve of the fish to the dock or land that was illegal in MN.

I think I posted a link to this at one time. I'm sure not legal as stated, but it would be fun to watch. I'd love to see someone get a muskie on that. How fast do you think that boat would be goin' then?