• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Standard Poodles

browndog

After reading the article in the Outdoor News on Poodles, who has a Poodle and how are they as gun dogs.

Most hunting groups I know would be relentless to the guy that showed up with a poodle.

But I do hear good things about them.

Is that doggy racism Lip???? I guess I would be guilty of it too, plus it would be too much work tying all those pink ribbons in their hair before going hunting. I think wesminster killed the poodle breed with all the foo foo ness ( I think they look like a Qtip). but also heard they make good water dogs....

Pretty sure it was in Gun Dog mag that I read an article about them. Complete opposite. Great on land for geese and pheasants, lucky to make it back to shore in the water. May have to really search to still find a line that has remaining hunting instint. Think the same article had a story about a snow goose guide in Missouri or Nebraska who's buddies kept kidnapping the poodle and dyeing it pink. Said it was rather embarrassing with the clients when the sun came up.