Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nblasin

Any advise for the weekend?

4 posts in this topic

4 of us are coming up this weekend with a sleeper house. Pretty familar with Rainy and know there isn't much of a night bite to speak of but much cheaper this way. The question is, would anyone recommend we put the house as base camp in Sand Bay or East toward the Visitor Center. In the past we do the majority of our fishing from Dryweed to the east. I thought I had heard the park road is out to Bushyhead Island now? Are extentions needed for augers. Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Nate

I would put it east,less crowds,and some mighty good fishing out that way,lots of options.Are you bringing sleds ? It would be a good idea.Lots of snow and some hard drifts out there.You dont need extensions. Iam not sure how far out the park road goes.

Good Luck

The park has the road plowed to Diamond Island, bassbuster1 is right lots of drifts out there makes for some rough ridding on the sleds

Thanks for the input guys. We'll be bringing 4 wheelers. We were up a couple weeks ago and were able to get around pretty good if we choose our routes wisely. I am defintely with you on the east being less crowded. That's almost as good as catching fish. Hopefully I'll have a good report to post when we get back.