Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Realtor Boy

Fishing report march 1-2 out of Arnesons

8 posts in this topic

There were four of us that went out of Arnesons road and used Layton Straights sleepers. He had them out past the island about a mile. We managed to catch 53 eyes in a 2.5 day span. They seemed to like gold jigs and we had the best luck on anyting pink and white, Also did pretty well on plane orange and red hooks.

the house was in 22 ft of water

I couldnt say anything but positive things about Layton Straight. He is top notch!!!

Thanks for the heads up. I'm heading that way this weekend. What was the average size of the fish you were catching?

I'm also heading up to arneson's 6th -9th.

TNFL

I'll be up the same dates.

If you want, shoot me an email at mchristi@brocade.com

Maybe compare some notes while we are up there.

I too will be up the 6th-9th. I hope the bite is on! How much snow cover is there? Can you get off the roads to fish?

Well we caught alot of small ones and alot of eaters. about half and half. 1.5 to 2.5lbers and about six 3 lbers. There is still alot of snow up there and I didnt really see anyone getting of any plowed roads. Most people parked on a plowed road and set up not to far off. We were lucky beacuse we had a plowed road right to our house and the closest house from us was about a half mile.

Yeah we just got back from up there and I wouldn't recommend leaving the trails without a snowmobile. Even with sleds it was mighty rough off the trails because of all the hard snowdrifts. Good luck.

My brother and I will be up there bright and early Friday morning. Arctic Cat 4 wheeler and snowmobile with Voyageur and X2 in tow. Say hi if you see me wandering around. I'll be wearing my red Strikemaster bibs and black Carhart jacket.