Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J Thunder

Any opinions on Ships Wheel resort?

6 posts in this topic

Heading up to LOW in a couple weeks and am considering a couple of resorts, anyone have an opinion on Ships Wheel? Cabins OK, in a good location for Spring fishing, etc?

Thank you!

I know the people at Ships Wheel and they seem like they are

hard working people who have learned the lake real well. I have

stayed there a couple of times and the cabins seem fine.

They are on the river upstream a ways. Remember everyone gets

on and off the lake in the same area. You have a bit of a ride

to get to the lake but nothing off putting.

You will have a good time.

Curt,

Thanks very much, we've stayed at Zipple before and did enjoy that. I think we will try "Ships" for the sake of trying something different.

Chris

i stayed there this winter for the first time and enjoyed my stay very much. very nice people and the cabins are nice for as cheap as they are. If you bring up a group of 6 or more people you can stay in the big cabins which looked very nice and are next to brand new.

Deerslayer! I did book with them for a stay in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to it!! Is it a long drive to their houses? I notice they are down the river a bit.

Thanks very much for your input!

they go out of morris so its about 5 miles to the lake and then whatever distance out on the lake they are right now. Have a blast and let me know how you did when you get back.