Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBMasterAngler

3/2 Peltier Report

15 posts in this topic

What a difference 2 weeks makes! Today Peltier was the dead sea today. There was only 1 vehicle out when I arrived, about 5 when I left. Centerville was a little busy, but not the circus it was 2 weeks ago. Anyway, caught 11 total, 5 little crappies and 6 decent sunnies. The rain and sleet cut my fishing early and I was off the ice by 3. Still nice to get out for a couple hours.

Glad to hear you got out i havent heard of any fish coming out of peltier since early ice. Maybe it is turning back around for late ice!

Later,

Ryan

More like it was hammered so hard early in the season there aren't many fish left. Then everyone moved over to Centerville and cleaned that one out pretty good also. They both have about a 3-4 yr cycle of decent fishing. Peltier seems to recover a little quicker.

peltier didn't recieve much pressue this winter at all.. centerville was a zoo this hardwater season. The lakes are definately not cleaned out, the fish just got a lot more picky. I do very well on peltier in the spring during open water for crappies, you can limit everyday if you find a nice school

I was out on Centerville a half dozen times or so this year and it has been a zoo. I haven't been out since the permanents came off, but I'm guessing it has gotten a little better. I stayed away from the crowds and did ok each time out.

would anybody be willing to tell me were to start looking on peltier headed out there this weekend and what there hitting havent gotten out at all this year

Originally Posted By: gemNeyeJoe
peltier didn't recieve much pressue this winter at all..

Then you didn't see it from the time you could walk on until the fishing died off. It was a city. I live a block away.

Originally Posted By: habersplat
would anybody be willing to tell me were to start looking on peltier headed out there this weekend and what there hitting havent gotten out at all this year

3 places to try

1. In the middle of the south bay and towards north of the point.

2. Off Old Mill Road where it drops off to 11-12ft.

3. Near the aerator(Its not on) on the west side in 11-12ft.

Ron, I saw it early and saw it after the migration to Centerville. It has gotten absolutely pounded for the past few years but, that being said, it was a relatively light year for pressure compared to the past few years especially with the landing under repair. I liked it better when it froze out and was fishable every few years for quality fish versus the crowded conditions that there are out there nowdays. The fishing will get better on both lakes as the snow melts with some opps at some decent fish coming again late ice. I look foreward to those channel cats getting bigger and more prolific, what fun that is going to be.

Tunrevir~

I wanted to fish peltier in the spring, but from what I understand the access will still be closed...how would I be able to get a boat out there? Would it be possible (or frowned upon) to launch a small boat at the pier where people are driving on now?

Might be, depending on how many people are at the pier but you could always drag a small boat off the back of the truck and throw it in on the east side off Mill Rd. Then you won't bother anyone but it might be a bit of a chore getting it up the bank and back into the truck. Hopefully, things will have improved by the spring and if all else fails you can always put in on Centerville.

Tunrevir~

You could throw in a carry in type. A small 12ft or canoe. Also you can throw one in off Old Mill road. Watch for no parking signs. With the spring melt the road construction is going to get pretty busy. Old Mill might be your best bet.

Yeah, an april canoe outing on peltier wouldn't be bad at all. Especially if the panfish cooperated.

Especially if you go to the spot where there is no wind ;\)whistle.gif

see parasite topic...