• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Broken Record...THANKS AGAIN KELLY AND JON!

steeplechaser2

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I have to give credit where credit is due!!!!! I took the whole family up for the weekend....2/29 and 3/1 and 3/2.....fished out of the Petrowske's luxury 6 man chateau....what a palace......caught fish sporadically during our days there....managed a few slabboes in the 15" to 15.5" range.....C & R about 60 walleyes and 2 BIG LEAGUE PIKE 36+" and 37+".....what a treat....my bride was very pleased not only with the fishing, but with the accommodations and friendly and thoughtful service....my kids had an absolute blast AGAIN.....if I can squeeze it in, we're going to try to get another trip in....heck, Jon's stories were worth the trip....Jon, the pix are in your e-mail box! Feel free to use 'em wherever!

We were there on the same dates and fished out of one of Johnny's 4 man houses. Johnny was great. On Saturday he saw that we were doing some drilling and hole hopping and proceeded to just plow us a big circle without us even asking him. He just said "That'll make the walking a little easier" as he drove by on his way out. Caught 5 craps, a number of walleyes and a few pike. All craps on red glow demons. When they wanted it they came after it! Thanks, Johnny and Kelly, always a great time.

Your kids just seem to attract nice pike. cool.gif That's good that your better half enjoyed it. When I heard URL rookie I was concerned.

Sorry I was gone for a few days and didn't get these pics up but here is the infamous "Perch Hunter" battling his pike

perchkingfightrr2.jpg

perchkinglg0.jpg

I can tell you one thing Perch Hunter and his older brother Blake (whom has also been pictured on FM with big fish) are some effecient anglers. I seldom see them sitting still. Always jigging, checking bait so on and so forth.

We did work our butts off...even decided not to leave the ice for a bite at Hillmans or Tall Tales....I couldn't believe it, but the wives didn't want to miss any action...fish action that is!!!! Jonny, has the crappie action heateed up a bit??? We're thinking about coming up right after Easter

We are starting to see a upward trend. Each night the reports get a little better and a little better. I think/theorize once the snow drops it might just go nuts.