• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What will this rain/sleet do to the ice?

What will this rain/sleet do to the ice? Will I be able to drive tomarrow out on the ice.

I wouldn't be to concerned. There is a lot of ice out there for this time of year.

Yes you will be just fine. Around St.Cloud it was just a drizzle. Not near enough to be concerned.

Yes you will be able to drive on the lakes, Theres 2 ft. of ice on almost every lake around, a little rain isn't going to affect them yet,

Robbo

ya there all right, there is so much ice still on these lakes, that you should have no problems.

I was outside the enitre evening. Nothing happend to the ice. Whatever happend was the current snow cover got a thin layer of ice on it. The drizzle barely did anything. Good luck on going out.

Forecast is for upper 20's all week,except for a high of low 30's on Tuesday.The ice isn't going anywhere with high temps. in the 20's.All the drizzle did/does is make the snow on the ice a bit slushy, but that will freeze up again by morning.

ya thats crazy. if i remember right, we were losing ice by the min this time last year?

April ice fishing anyone,it is gonna be a long season/////

I almost can't believe it,but Ch.5 says it will be a high of 18 on Friday.So much for a melting icepack! Icefishing into April is a definite possibility.

ya, i was watching that as well. The ice just doesnt want to go away. I have a feeling its going to be here for some time yet.

This is funny. we get so excited for 1st ice, now can't waite for the ice to go. Normal ice out in the area is about April 12 to the 15th. So watch the weather and watch is really start to warm up. Access to lakes soon will be come difficult but for many of the die hard crappie chasers, this is prime time for fishing.

I saw my shadow on the lake saturday and I see 6 more weeks of ice.

The DNR has a part in ther iste with normal ice out dates.

Lake Name County Average Ice-Out

Earliest Ice-Out

Latest Ice-Out

Years of Data

Big Sandy Aitkin April 20

March 31, 2000

May 4, 1996

Bone Washington April 11

March 15, 2000

April 29, 1965

Forest Washington April 7

March 18, 2000

April 23, 1996

Knife Kanabec April 12

March 27, 2000

April 23, 1995

Prior (Lower) Scott April 8

March 14, 1987

April 26, 1975

Mille Lacs Mille Lacs April 24

April 2, 2000

May 6, 1996

Minnetonka Hennepin April 11

March 11, 1878

May 8, 1856

Waconia Carver April 12

March 15, 2000

May 1, 1941

White Bear Ramsey April 11

March 21, 2000

May 4, 1950

It's still early yet... we're supposed to have a lot of ice right now. It can go fast. Last year heading into the third week of March things we're shaping up nicely for pulling out 'gils into April... then it got warm. A week and a half later it was all gone. We're usually the last ones on a local lake each year and I don't think it's ever been later than the 2nd or 3rd of April. Hopefully this will be the year for late ice although not too late, as to interrupt with turkey season.

We could possible be driving on the lakes until March 21, unless the temps start hanging over 55 during the day.

ya, isnt that crazy. I was watching the news tonight, and dave on 5 said that sunday-wed, going to be over 39. We will have to see

I was on Buffalo a week ago and there was 2-2.5+ inches of ice. It hasn't been super warm since, so..... I'm going out tomorrow & driving the truck out.

We could possible be driving on the lakes until March 21' date=' quote'] I think if not driving out walking is a sure thing.