Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tunrevir

Red Sucker Bay Saganaga

8 posts in this topic

I have a friend who owns some property up there and was wondering what the fishing is like? 25hp max or is it inside the BWCA? What is the fishing like over that way? I was invited to head up there this June say around the 25th. Is this an area a person can get into lake trout or other trout nearby? I am considreing heading up there but know absolutely nothing about the lake. I'll have a place to stay and maybe a boat or canoe to use. Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking the slip bobbing thing with a leech and pulling live bait rigs and or casting with raps to likely looking areas at low light. How far is this from Mike Berg and Seagull creek outfitters? If it is near enough I may have to just hire them and learn from the guys that do it everyday? Thanks for any input, his property appears to be in the far end of the bay from Rocky point.

Tunrevir~

You will pass Mike Berg's place a mile or two before you hit the landing to Sag. Never been on the Canadien side, so can't help you there. 25 hp limit on the Minnesota side. No horsepower limit on the canadien side. Sag Is a great lake. Definetly take your buddy up on the trip. Have fun, Junky......

Thanks FJunky, I will have to do that. Like I said, I have no info on this area so anything would be of help.

Tunrevir~

Contact Berg as soon as possible. He gets booked up pretty fast that time of year.

Thanks Gunflint, I'll try asap. I am already getting excited!

Tunrevir~

Another option, a very good option I should say, is Roger Campbell @ Gunflint Pines Campground. Rates are going to be high no matter where you go, but imo, well worth it. Give me an email tunrevir, and ask me some questions you would like answered, and I'll do what I can to help. kmaki16298@aol.com You REALLY need to get up there. lol Junky...............

Junky, you have mail.

Tunrevir~

Hey tunrevir. You've got mail. Junky........