Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Morneau132

1 lb. Propane

14 posts in this topic

Anyone tell me how or where i can properly dispose of all of my 1 lb. propane tanks that have been adding up over the hard water season??? Thanks

Check with your garbage people. Some will take them in recycling if you pull the valve, otherwise most will say just toss them in your regular garbage.

Another option is to refill and reuse them.

You know where I can get a valve or adapter to refill them?...that would be ideal

Your local fleet stores carry them.I think i seen a post about gander mountain having them.I bought one a month back and have never used it.I am just going to stick with my 20# tank.

How much does something like that run? i go through quite a bit of 1lb tanks in the winter and refilling them would be nice.

The adapters are cheap. Like WFW said...go to your local fleet store. You can fill them off your 20lb tanks.

Handy for me, I use alot of 1lbers on my camping stove, and save the environment a bit by not throwing away canisters.

I applaud you for not leaving them on the ice!!!

I picked up 5 today on area lakes that where left behind by fisherman as well as a bunch af pop cans and bottles

I paid $26 for mine.I remember a post here where gander had them for about $22.

Originally Posted By: luckycrank
I applaud you for not leaving them on the ice!!!

I picked up 5 today on area lakes that where left behind by fisherman as well as a bunch af pop cans and bottles

Not trying to highjack your post here, Thanks Luckycrank!!! It always amazes me at how much garbage people leave on the lake, it's like the perms are gone for the year but their spirit lives on.

As far as the 1lbers I know there was a post about a year ago on this very topic in the Ice fishing forumn, seems to recall that some said there is a safety issue with that idea. I'm not sure on the safety thing I have never looked to in depth into it, might want to search it out.

If i remember right i think it was said that it is illegal to transport refilled 1# tanks.

this is the current thread in the ice fishing forum on how to dispose of them.

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1292174#Post1292174

Here is the thread in ice fishing about refilling them

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ub...rue#Post1172959

Both articles have some good info.

Thanks for posting airjer.

Fleet Farm has them for 15.95. They had a couple hundred when I was there a few weeks ago. You screw it in the big tank, screw on the small tank, turn upside down, open big tank for one minute, close big tank, done.

Use them for target practice! Its really fun when you find one with a little LP in it yet...

SPL_R_T165126-Atomic_bomb_explosion.jpg

Just Kidding!