Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Lee

Reel Repair

4 posts in this topic

Can anyone recommend a place in Southern Minnesota that could possibly repair an older bait casting reel from the 60s. I inherited it from my grandfather when he died about 12 years ago. I would like to get it working again so I could some day pass it down in my family.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

There is a guy in Byron that was fixing them up a year ago. Not sure if he still is. Call Wild Goose sports in Roch. That used to be the drop off spot for him, so they will know if he is still doing it. He was reasonably priced and did a good job for me.

I had a reel problem once and dropped it off at Hooked on Fishing and they fixed it for me that was probably three years ago.

Originally Posted By: mskyfshntchr
There is a guy in Byron that was fixing them up a year ago. Not sure if he still is. Call Wild Goose sports in Roch. That used to be the drop off spot for him, so they will know if he is still doing it. He was reasonably priced and did a good job for me.

The guy in Byron is John Walter - 507-775-6406.