Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Shoogs32

Anyone fished Perch Lake off of 210 lately? Hoping to get out and find some crappies

goggy eyes

Where off of 210 are you talking.

Shoogs32

Close to Baxter

djwood

i fish the south end of pearch just before ice out . it has a fair bite with crappies in the mid am and early pm . most of the crappies are in the 8 and 9 " they like c. minnows on small hooks under a bobber . would like to hook up with some one that wants to fish there for pannies ! always ready to fish with a call ! djwood

skies_and_eyes

One thing about this lake is that we need to practice selective harvest. Perch is a small lake, and we need to take care of it.

Shoogs32

What species do most people fish that for?? I was hoping for crappies, but have never fished it. I like to catch atleast a meal and be selective.

djwood

crappies and sunnies are the best bet for this lake . tomorrow afternoon should be a good time to give it a try . anyone for a go ? just post or give a pm . djwood

Shoogs32

Didn't make it out today, probably looking at the first part of next week. It sounds like the weather is gonna be great for pan fishin! Hopefully the pan fish bite is on.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• relax
      Hey @jlang_04, i'm looking to take my kids down that area and was curious how's the ice for a 3/4 ton with a ice castle 8x24. I'm sure the ice is thick enough but I also know some lakes are aerated or have current and the ice can be soft in some spots. So I just want to be safe with my family. Also, how's the fishing down there?  Thanks, Justin
    • Pat McGraw
      Thanks guys.
    • Pat McGraw
      Up until about seven or eight years ago we were on Head-o-lakes bay. Minimal to no Rustys. Just the old school guys with the big blue boxer-mit claws. We were seeing rounded gobies.  We're on Frazer now. Wow! It's indescribable how many of those buggers there are. We've been trying to do our part by having frequent crawfish boils. Haven't made a dent but fun and tasty to try.
    • ANYFISH2
      will definitely be hunting turkeys again this year.  Love chasing these birds. Intend to go the archery route this year for the first time.  I have 2 kids that always are excited every year, until a couple of early mornings wain thier enthusiasm!  Figuring archery will allow me go on those days the kids dont want to wake up and I think I have something figured out.  Hope my skills will be up to the challenge.  
    • hookie
      I've had very good luck with them also. Always pick some up before heading out on the lake.
    • steel hunter
      Was thinking about heading up the shore for some open water fishing. Was just wondering if their is alot of ice floating around and if not wat kind of wind would make it difficult to fish from shore? Thanks
    • SRMrK2
      Please send photo's, thank you. gkaeter@charter.net
    • monstermoose78
      There is a bunch of walleyes in Mille lacs and for the first time in a long time there is  bait fish for them to eat. Mille lacs is a son of a gun to fish if there is a bunch of bait for walleyes to eat. It’s still one the best walleye fisheries in the world. 
    • gimruis
      Wait until open water season.  It was ranked #1 in the country for bass for a reason.  Its also ranked #6 in the nation for muskies too if you have enough patience to target them. A recent review of Mille Lacs was conducted by an independent Biologist from Lake Erie and found that what the DNR has done with that lake has been fair, accurate, and appropriate in terms of regulation/harvest/restrictions.  Course, some business owners might say otherwise but the science and data has been found to be true.
    • gimruis
      I did not draw an early season permit.  I may be able to snag a surplus season B, otherwise it will be a later season for me this spring.  The birds are getting SMART.  They have refused to listen to any calls and they are decoy shy so I haven't been using calls or decoys for a while now.  Rather, I just sit there and wait on a travel route and hope they walk within range (sort of like deer hunting I guess).  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Scouting is obviously important.  What has also really helped is the use of Winchester Longbeard XR ammo.  I have harvested turkeys out to 60 yards with it in recent years.
  • Share & Have Fun