Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BEEGONE

Latest report?

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Does anyone have a recent report? I was up there last Sun-Tues and fishing was pretty slow. We fished in depths from 34-22 FOW off the Morris Point and Adrians roads. We will be heading back up there this Sunday and was just looking for a report. Has it picked up at all? What depths have been producing the best fish? The fish moving shallower with small fish being caught deep? Any help or suggestions would be great. We will be going out of either zipple, morris, or adrians depending on the reports. Thanks in advance.

Geez looks like everyone is out fishing!

If you want to catch fish I think you have to go across to Garden or Starren Shoals. We were there last weekend and did really well. Released some nice walleyes and caught a pig northern. Fishing was pretty darn good for late Feb. We took sleds across on the groomed trail, well worth the 40 min ride.

South side is slow right now hope it picks up in March!

or you can just go to zipple in 30ft and catch fish all day long with some mix of some very nice fish.the shallows will be turning on pretty soon for some big eyes and big pike.

We'll be up there next Thursday...sounds like Zipple will be our first destination. Hope all works out! No work for a couple of days, who am I kidding, who needs fish to have a good time!

Fished Adrian's road Tuesday - Thursday afternoon, sleeper in 29' caught maybe 5 fish the whole time. We portabled out to 34' or so, about 6 miles past pine island and did slow there too. From past experience I'd suggest Zipple like others have said for better late ice fishing.

Our group of 30 fished up by the reefs out of Wigwam Feb 26 and 27. We averaged about 2, with alot of saugers. We were in about 28 ft of water. Seemed like going small was the key with a light bite. Main time 11am-1pm. One guy got a suspended 29 incher as he was lowering his line down.

We had fun and the food was good.

We had a group of 6 up for 4 days, we each brought home a limit and ate fish on two nights. Probably threw back twice as many as we caught. Fished both deep and shallow, saugers out deep and the walleyes and bigger saugers where in shallower. We stayed away from the crouds and generators, fished pretty hard and steady in portables and moved many times during our trip. Went out of Wheelers point. She went back down the hole to be caught again.

LOW2008007.jpg

LOW2008006.jpg

12 of us just returned from our stay at morris point with very poor results. fished anywhere from 25 - 32 out off their road and only kept a few. some of us headed out of adrians on sunday and some out of graceton beach and both places were slow. We ran into a few guys in the bar who told us they were nailing the fish out by garden island but with the snow on sunday we didn't want to try heading out there. They had a lot of walleye and sauger and also a 44" pike. The people at the resort were great and we had a good time at night in the lodge so I'm sure we'll be back next year with hopefully a little better luck.

mnfishinguy,

What depths do you mean when you say shallow and deep?

Deep is 33-35 feet for post cold front fishing and shallow is less than 24 depending on what the weather is doing. As you can see from the pics we where out by ourselves and it was the best year we have ever had. Tried a few different things, some worked some didn't but having six guys and four houses you can really spread out your attack and find patterns that work.

i fish the shallows as in 14 ft this time of yr for the hogs.during the day i wil go 18ft or deeper to get some saugers