• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Everyone's personal best smallie out of Green?

Just got my Largemouth bass repo in the mail and up on the wall! Man that thing looks sweet!

I want to add a smallie this year to get a repo done to put next to my largie. Gonna hit Green pretty hard to see if I can't find one. Always said 21 inches was the mark to beat.

Honestly now, what is everyones personal best out of Green? Mine was 3 years back and it went 20.5 inches. Not sure on the weight. Missed the mark by 1/2 inch.

Since, I've caught numerous fish at 20 inches. Just not that 21!

Caught a couple right at 20", cant get the 21". Leech, you should post a pic of that hawg bass you got back. Kinda lookin around on repo's.

back in 2004 7lb 11oz. ruler only went to 22.5. she was bigger than that. somewhere around 24 something looked like she ate a football pro size. disposle camra didn't work next day got a digal. it was very hard to put her back. was trollin char and white shad rap 14 fow 125'' of line out what a fight though my arms where going to fall off. beleave or not i don't care i have no pic

A friend caught a 23 1/2 incher off shore this past Sept. On a digital scale it weighed over 8 lbs. It went back into the lake.

J, When it was all said and done with 30 bucks for shipping it was a little over $300. The bass was 22 inches long and I got $2.00 off an inch because I ordered it during the Sportmen's Show in Minneapolis last March. It took almost a year to get her back, but it was worth it! A company out of Duluth did it called Artistic Anglers. They have a web page up and running now. The mounts on the site look amazing but seeing it in person is still even better. I'll never think twice again about keeping a trophy fish. The repos they do are graphite and will never fade and look bad like the real things do after awhile. they will be the same 80 years from now. Plus, they will replace the mount for free even if it breaks and its my fault! Try getting that from the real deal!

I'll try posting pics of the mount soon. the wife took the digital camera today. Heres a pic of the real deal though. Hopefully still swimming today...

scan.jpg

Thing was a pig! Caught her muskie fishing. Inhaled a 8 inch bait. Now just need to catch a smallie, walleye, pike, and muskie, worth mounting grin.gif Then I can die a happy man

You then need to try for the trout and salmon. I'm looking to get one for each of my trout stamp prints.

Nice fish Man!

Maybe I should get a few secrets from ya!

Were they all caught pretty recent? ;\)

hey leech,

hopefully you can share in my secret bass technique, DUMB LUCK! since my fishing

partner is 2 and has the attention span of a 2 year old, dont target much fish other than 3 inch sunfish at the end of a dock at the Mill. last year his sponge bob fishing rod landed a smallie over 5lbs. the tackle set up was an eagle claw panhfish snell with beads and a spinner tipped with a quarter of a crawler. go figure! if you want to use my honeyhole you can. good luck this year.

Nice fish guys, we fished Green about 3 weeks ago for the first time and what a surprise it was to start pull'in 17-19" smallies out of a couple of mid lake humps we had a hoot. I grew up on the river fishin smallies and that was my first ones through the ice. mine all came on chubby darters and they just inhaled them. We got pictures but the digital of my partners was in movie mode and we didn't relize it until the next day and the lighting is all messed up for some reason. I'll be back in the spring to check this out.

Leech21

Just got done talking to a guy and he says your 20.5 would probaly be 15 years old

He also stated that a smallie measuring 23 would make 20 years old in cooler deeper lake like Green

Watched a show on Sunday and they were fishing Great lakes and said that any fish 22 inches off one of those would be 15 to 17 years old.

Its a good thing that we had regulations here for as long as we did to get fish sizes up to where they are now.

I know there are some real piggies in there, just have to connect with one. The thing that I'm concerned about is, now that the regs are lifted how many of those big pigs are taken out of Green each year to be put on a wall? I'd like to think none, but the reality would probably scare all of us! Too bad the replica word doesn't spread as fast down here as it does to the north. Now that I have mine on the wall and it looks better than the real thing, I will never, ever, think about killing a trophy fish. I think I'm doing a good job teaching a few of my buddies too. Last year, alone, we released 3 walleyes at or very close to 30". 2 from Kandiyohi county lakes!

Thats a sweet mount LEECH. I like how you got a pic of the real deal hanging next to it. Gotta feel good lettin her go.

My only mount is a prime goldeneye but when I catch a trophy fish and feel like getting her stuffed I will instead take a couple measurements, a photo, and send her back! 20 years is a long time! Wish my dog could have lived that old. Wish the DNR would grow a pair and structure the regs to maintain the phenomenal smallmouth fishery that is Green Lake.

Nice asses.now what do you guys use to catch them pigs on green, never cought a bass on Green and sad part is i live next to it.