Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Lowblazah

River opening back up?

Lowblazah

I think the river is opening up in Shakopee. Drove over the Bloomington Ferry bridge today and it looks open for quite a stretch.

Any one notice this? Or is it just wishful thinking and my eyes were playing tricks on me??

eelpout50

went thorugh downtown shakopee this afternoon and it's still all froze.

KMR85

i drove over the bridge yesterday and didnt notice any open water. its not like i was looking the whole time on the bridge though.

Lowblazah

Originally Posted By: eelpout50
went thorugh downtown shakopee this afternoon and it's still all froze.

yeah downtown shako is still solid ice....

I just drove over the Ferry bridge again and I swear its open. Unless its all water on top of the ice...i think I'm going crazy

hanson

Not sure I'd be getting all that excited.

Lotta snow on the ground to melt and its hard to say what kind of spring rains we'll get, but you can bet on it coming up bigtime with lots of mud and debris before we can get too excited.

Gotta let the river run its course.

Grainbelter

Time to play dodge log!!! Did that once, not too much fun....

HossFisher

The area of water near the tressel in carver had definetly opened up alot more in the last few days!

Lowblazah

Yeah I agree Hanson...itll be a while before I'm putting my boat in that...but seeing the water flowing again is a sign of the blistering cold weather coming to an end and that alone gets me excited. Plus a guy always has the backwaters when the river is a mess, that is if they arent flooded to heck also.

So there...take your "raining on my parade" comments elsewhere. ;\)

Larry FlatCaster

Your not going crazy, The river is open west of 169 for a little bit up around the corner, but..........Its still frozen on the east side.

Openings at both blackdog discharges. Also open on north side of 494 by the airport. If we get a streak of 40's the ice will break loose pretty quick.

DARK30

Sooner the better man!

icecold

The minnesota river is froze solid from new ulm to granite falls thats 106 miles one way on river, ran that with sleds today, only 4 small open spots all that way, it will be a while till my boat comes out

Flatlander

Thanks to the leap year, I can now say that I've paddled my canoe in Feb, in Minnesota. I put in at Fort Snelling Fri. afternoon and paddled up about 2 miles. Saw 5 fat beavers on shore, a pile of deer and a half dozen Mergansers. A few feet of shelf ice along the shoreline, but certainly fishable if you were so inclined.

Man was it nice to get out paddling again.

ec30_06

I have found several open spots in the last few days. I know of a couple landings that may be a go next weekend. Some fish will be biteing up until the river floods, and then it will be time to chase open water pannies on lakes. Need to get my reverse gate on and shim the impeller this week.

Grainbelter

Sweet, might have to get the cover off and get her ready!!!

ec30_06

These colder temps have slowed the opening progress, but we should still get some fishing in before the floods.

Lowblazah

oh man...I drove in to work this morning and its all froze back over \:\(

sparcebag

-16 here this morn,But I'd bet in two weeks the nothern will be running.That always wakes me up! I know it wont be long for the first open H2O crappies then either.

Lowblazah

Sparce...I should have some photos for you this weekend if your still interested in that livewell i have....

sparcebag

Ya I am! I forgot about it.but probably in my emails yet

cribbageboy

ec30-06

Can't quite tell from the pic, but I think I know ya. Live Cedar Lake by any chance. Little Talonen here.

Grant

ec30-06 - email me at gpbakken at Gmail dawt com- I'd like to chat about what you see for river conditions here prior to KOTC start if you'd be so kind....

thanks- tight lines!

ec30_06

I don't live on the lake, but I have family that does. I spend quite a bit of time on the lake. We'll have to go fishing sometime.

erickol

I shore fished for two hours today. I soaked a crawler and then a jig/spin deal. Nothing for me. Little early... I know, but Maybe, just maybe a channel or two working up an appetite.

It's gonna be sooner rather than later if the temps hold and we get that rain.

Lowblazah

Where were you at?

Scott K

It wont be long now, there is water flowing ontop of the ice. It should have some open spots in the current by the weekend.