Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_King48

Zipple Bay

11 posts in this topic

Hopefully somebody is online at work reading this..... I am headed up today. I should get there around 8 pm or so.. I was wondering if anybody had any good tips that they are willing to share.... I was there last weekend and I went all the way to where the road stops then went to the east. I was in about 27' of water. We did OK at the very best. I am bring the wife with this time so I would like to find some steady action.... Any tips??? I did notice that the resort houses are to the west... By the way I am in a wheel house. Thanks in advance.

i am to the west by some zipple houses out in 30ft we have been doing great there the last 2 weeks.action all day.alot of the dinks,but some nice keepers mixed in tho.

just got off the phone with my buddy that works at zipple he said for some reason the bite has slowed down a bit.he might go try my house tomorrow.last weekend we did great.i am set up between 2 zipple houses but im closer to the road and we did better than the zipple houses did.

Sweet thanks for the info...... IF you see us stop bye for a beer.... White wheel house F250 crew cab green and tan..... I heard good thinkgs about Morris Point, but I like Zipple and so does the wife and of course she has the final say...

Hey King you cant go wrong with Zipple the people there are very friendly and i've always caught fish there.

not a problem.i cant go this weekend but next week or weekend im going.very good luck let me know how you did.

thanks for the reports. I'll be heading to zipple in the am, but would like to know if I can drive some what off the main road. I would like to get away from the crowds. should I bring a snowmobile? We had no problems during the first weekend of Feb.

there is alot of snow and some big deep drifts.plus alot of big drifts.i would bring the sled.

Hello!

Coming up in a couple weeks, have stayed at Zipple and really liked it there. For the sake of just trying something different we are considering staying with "Ships Wheel," wondering if anyone has a feeling one way or another on them? Nice people, cabins, fish houses etc? Also, they do not seem to be located as nicely as Zipple is in terms of proximity to the lake, should that in itself scare me back to Zipple?

Thank you!

well if you guys liked zipple and caught some fish why not go back to zipple.i always say im going ot try somewhere diff but i never end up doing it.cause i like zipple to much.the only time i get out and go all over the south end is very late ice when 4 wheelers only allowed on the lake.im not sure how far ships is from the lake i know zipple resort is 2 miles from the lake.

I have the sleeper at Zipple for four years now and have chartered with my wife on three day stays for the past three years. Prior to the sleeper used to drag the camper/fish house and and prior that going back 10 years used to use their facilities.

To guess would have to say been up there 150+ days and can't think of one bad experiance with the owners or staff. Nick and Dianna are very active in running the resort, been that way for many years.

For the first time last Summer got to ride on Nicks boat and a guy from Minneapolis had the pleasure of landing a 29in eye and I got my biggest yet by 1/3 lb a 30in 10.5 pounder. His was kept mine was released.