Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vrodharley77

Needs some easy information

10 posts in this topic

A bunch of us are coming to town for State Fire School this weekend and are bringing portable to fish Saturday after class. We are going to try Duck Lake looking for just some panfish action size doesnt matter we arent keeping anything all C & R.

Where is the access on duck lake and is there a bait shop in Madison Lake or Mankato open before 7 am or after 5:30 pm

thanks a lot

Reel fishing and tackle in madison lake will help you guys out. Very nice place and great infomation! I think there open at 6am and close at 7pm. Good luck!!!

Awesome, thanks for the info

If you need bait after hours, Reel fishing has bait in there entry way. It is not free, please leave the opperate amount, a little extra for convenice would be nice.

I've been wondering if they still do that. There are days where I'd like to be out on the ice before the sun comes up, but need bait.

What sort of bait is available in the entry way? Waxies? Spikes? Crappie Minnows?

We keep crappie and fathead minnows in our entryway. Most of the time, it's too cold for waxies.

Joe

That's what I had wondered. Thanks for chiming in Joe!

What classes are you registered for? I am in On Scene Fire investigation.

I am just posting to say thanks to Joe at the bait shop in Madison Lake, we caught and released about 20 crappies in the 5 hours we were out, your bait and tackle tips worked awesome and you were right on! Class act Joe and I have already given out 2 of your business cards to people I met at Mankato about your fish and tackle operation, we will see you in the spring after walleye opens back up and I am saving up for the camo ice armour suit. Again thanks was great to meet and talk to you!!

Your kind words are appreciated.