Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hhguide

Lake George

10 posts in this topic

Hows the fishing going here and across the road? Sunnies and Crappies?

We were on Lake George two weeks ago. We fished north and east of the access by the small cluster of houses. We fished for about 3 hours and caught 1 11" walleye. I was marking a few fish on the Vexilar but couldn't get anything to bite. I assumed the bite must have been slow at the time because it was a nice Sunday morning and their was no one around. We had fished at Portage Lake on Saturday, another nice day, again we were marking fish but couldn't get them to bite. I didn't see anybody catch anything that day. We should have worked harder on Lake George, but it was such a nice day we took it easy and enjoyed the surroundings.

Thanks For the Info! Were heading up there on Sunday in the morning and will be out all day. I'll give a report after words!

Went up there on Saturday started at about 7:45 and fished until 4:00! it was a struggle all day long you had to keep moving with the school of fish! The fish that we did catch were nice fish! We had 4 guys at ended up with I think 27 or 28 nice fish caught alot of small crappies to small to keep (I mean really small. But Overall it was fun and it wasnt to windy til later in the day and by that time we had some spots down there to fish!

Hope to head up to the cabin this weekend. Does anyone know the ice conditions on George or any other area lakes? Are they driving or walking?

I drove on smaller area lakes last week/end. Still lots of ice. NOt sure about George in particular.

LA

My brother lives about 40 miles south of Lake George and has been fishing and driving on the ice by his place this week and says he has 2&1/2 feet yet and the ice is good.

Thanks for info. hope to get out Saturday and maybe Sunday morning.

Hey Lake Alice you do any fishing on Alice this year? I also have a cabin there, I talked to you last year on here I was under a different name. I was up once, did ok.

I remember talking to you. Did well open water as usual except in August when it turned into a cesspool full of bullheads. Fished it a few weeks ago and nada. Only lookers on the vex. I spent time this winter on another lake up there and did pretty well for perch and crappies, over new years and spring break.