Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Datfishdude

Fishing report 2/25 - 2/27

2 posts in this topic

We just returned from Red and the fishing was mediocre. Despite Kelly and Jon's best efforts to find us fish there were not many crappies to be found. We caught 3 slabs and 3 16 inchish walleyes on Mon night between 7 and 8:30. We caught two small walleyes Tuesday morning at 7:15. We did not have a single bite on Tuesday between 7:15 AM and 6:30 PM. I have not gone that long without a minnow mortality on Red ever! Tuesday night 6:30 - 9:30 we caught 9 slabs and 1 walleye. Every crappie we caught was absolutely dead stick with a red or plain hook. We caught two more walleyes early on Wednesday morning. The three of us fished most of both nights but we did not have any action between 9:30 PM and 7:15 AM. There were three of us but two of us caught all the fish as one of the guys was fishing with fishing tackle from 2 generations ago. You know the pointed stick, heavy braided line and large round red and white bobber that our grandfathers used. I hope I haven't offended anyone who still uses those tools as their weapons of choice on the ice. We still had a great time and we will be back in March. Thanks Kelly and Jon.

How far were you guys? Sounds the the fishing is starting to pick up for crappies, only if youre on top of them! THanks for the reports