• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Crappies on Crystal?

Wondering if there is anything going on Crystal(Burnsville) right now for crappies. I know perennially they are small, but don't need much to keep my 9 yr old happy. Any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks

Have not fished Crytal in a couple of months but every year in the past finding the crappies have been no problem. Try right out in front of the beach, in between the beach and the island. There probably will be plenty of people out there. Good luck!!!

this season ive gotten into the crappies everynight ive gone out in fron of the landing out in 25+FOW they usualy dont start showing up until after dark but the sunnies tend to be in the same area to keep you going

I SECOND THE LOW LIGHT HOURS. MY BEST LUCK WAS IN FRONT OF THE ACCESS ALSO. They were in the 20' to 25' area. BUT THE LAST TWO TIMES THEY SEEM TO BE IN THE 12' TO 15'. Minnows are the best bet so far. Give it a go and have some fun.....><(((*>

I fished out there one evening. I got bored with catching small ones. I must have caught 50 all under 6" in 2 hours. I kept moving spots hoping for better size and never found it. I was told by guys with permanents that if you pick through enough you will find a few decent sized ones.

Thanks for the help guys! I'll be out on Saturday with my daughter. I'll have a black Dodge Ram and a black Otter flip over. If you're out, stop by and say howdy.

Todd