Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
McCatman

Berkley??

16 posts in this topic

Hi all.. Any one a firm believer in using Berkley power bait for crappie?

What kind of power bait?

Any kind.

I've caught some crappies with it but i'm not gungho about it.

I use it all the time and do quite well with it. I really like their fake maggots and the smaller power shiners work well at times too. I use a lot of the gulp crawlers in the summer and a ton of the power and gulp shiners and smelt. I really like them when its cold out. I dont have to get cold wet hands digging for minnows.

I have some of those Gulp maggots in several colors and havent gotten as much as a nibble using them. I dont know if Im using them wrong or what, but Ill throw a waxie on the same jig and pull fish.

sorry guys, it's my computer

No problem doughnut I got ya all taken care of.

Haha...3...2....the next one has to be a single post grin.gif

I'm with you doughnut, I've tried the stuff on several different occasions and ended up with the same result as you.

If it weren't for Gulp, my Lac Seul trip would cost me more money, because 17 of us would end up using many many more leeches that we do now. We use 80% plus Gulp minnows on our jigs and "fish eat it".

I'll use them if I run out of waxies. grin.gif

I hear ya muc33. We also use the Gulps up on Lac Seul, and they work great. We've had the best bites on orange and natural colors. The eyes just seem to like em!

muc33...you mean to tell me you don't like buying leaches for $50 and over a pound? eek.gif..lol, we always buy leaches when going to lac suel, but it definatly hurts the pocket book, Ill use gulp/powerbaits when its fast action, but nothing is as good as live bait in my mind.

Blake

I think waxies work alot better most of the time especially for crappies but have had some success using guld maggots. I still think berkleys regular power bait is much more effective and it also has way better action than gulp

I think waxies work alot better most of the time especially for crappies but have had some success using gulp maggots. I still think berkleys regular power bait is much more effective and it also has way better action than gulp