Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
lawdog

New Vehicle Break-In

Question

lawdog

I've heard that break in on new vehicles is not as crucial as it used to be. Wondering what the mechanics think? Just traded the wife's '05 Trailblazer for an '08 Suburban LT3 and I'm wondering how much we should worry about engine break in.

Thanks!

Jeff

11 answers to this question

LwnmwnMan2

I usually use my mowing trucks up to when I trade them in, when I'm supposed to pick up the new one. Then unhook the trailer, hook up the new truck and go back to work, right at the dealer.

Sooooooo..... grin.gif

I'm pulling around a 24' enclosed trailer, hauling about 10k lbs.

The trailer only comes off the back when the plow goes on the front.

Shack

None, natta, zilch.

The only break-in in you going to have to do is the drivers seat, besides that follow the owner's manual recommended maint. schedule and all is cool.

Nice rig by the way. A little bite of an upgrade.

Jeremy airjer W

Agreed, drive it like you stole it! \:o

Scott K

Ok, I will add a few things, try not to keep engine at one speed for extended time, dont over rev it, and change oil at about 1500-2000 miles. Besides that, drive it as you would drive your old vehicle! By the way nice truck!

lawdog

Thanks guys. Yes its a sweet ride, I spoil her...BUT SHE HAS TO LIVE WITH ME!!!

hawkeye43

You could not have said it better. grin.gif

Jeremy airjer W

Originally Posted By: 4wanderingeyes
Ok, I will add a few things, try not to keep engine at one speed for extended time

I have never heard a reasonable explanation for this? I was told the same thing from the sales guy at Toyota. When I asked him why his response was thats what the factory recommend. I left the lot opened her up set the cruise and arrived in Cook 3.5 hours later. whistle.gif

Scott K

Ya your right airjer, on a vehicle it really doesnt apply as much, even if you set the cruise, the engine rpm and load constantly changes anyhow. I could see the arguement with things such as boat motors, that are designed to hold rpm steady with the controls. Most of the new vehicles out there have been programmed into the computer to run values of power and timing differently during the break in period.

mnhunter 3815

i buy a new truck every 3 to 4 yrs. they tell me the same thing every time. to break it in drive like you always do.and i always drive like i stole it.

Jeremy airjer W
grin.gif

chickeywing

Not sure about the GM's but Ford motors are pre-run at the factory. No break in needed.