Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blackdog1101

How Late is Fishable 'Tonka Ice?

5 posts in this topic

For some of you veterans, how late into the spring is Minnetonka's ice safe to fish? I know of course it varies from year to year, and I'm not a big risk taker, but how much more ice fishing can I reasonably expect to get in this year? Thanks!!

I would imagine all the way through march this year...stay away from the channels and becareful around the shorelines!

The ice is almost always plenty thick for walking out through march and into the first days of april. I think I have ice fished most april's in the past years, and with the ice we have now, should be even longer this year unless the weather decides to change that. A lot of rain or 45-55 degree sunny days will destroy the ice quick so it really depends on how much of that we get in march.

A couple more weeks of driving then ATV again. Once the planks come out from shore and it's walking only, I'm done with ice and getting the boat ready.

I think we will have ice into april definatly this year. I was just out on tonka and there is still like 20 somthing inches of ice.