• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Best section for multi species

What's your take on the best section for Walleye, Cats and Whitebass?

I've fished from Pool 2 up to the Carver Rapids. I know a couple of cat spots that Dennis showed me and some I found, but haven't tied into any eyes and few whites. Just wondering on what sections (not spots) people would suggest.

I have caught just about everything (besides a gar) between the 101 shakopee bridge and the Bloomington Ferry Bridge

Originally Posted By: Lowblazah
I have caught just about everything (besides a gar) between the 101 shakopee bridge and the Bloomington Ferry Bridge

I'll take that and raise you. Chaska to the Miss/MN confluence, all but gar... I've seen alot never caught one.

When do the white bass usually start running? And where is a good starting point?

I honestly don't think a certain section is better than another for multispecies. You can catch em all just about anywhere on any section.

As far as multispecies, here's what I've caught.

Flathead

Channel

Walleye

Sauger

Saugeye

White Bass

Goldeye

Turtle (softshell and snapper)

Gar

Northern

Crappie

White Bass

Largemouth

Carp

Buffalo

Shad

I'm sure I'm missing a couple

Sheepshead?

I would agree that if you have a line in on any stretch of the river, you are in primo multi-species territory.

Originally Posted By: Papa Grump
adding to Dtro's list that I've caught:

dogfish

sunnies

a dang good buzz whistle.gif

"BUMP GRUMP"!!!!!!!

I have landed 4 or 5 gar over the last couple years..

Got one smallmouth last year between Shakopee and the confluence. And LOTS of shovelnose sturgeon (can't believe DTRO left the shovelnose off his list). I've also caught a couple bullheads and depending on what you consider the river....creek chubs and a brown trout.

Freshwater eel? And a native fish called the Blue Sucker. Its making a comeback in the Minnesota River.

The whole stretch of river could put you on most of these fish but my fav is Shak to Kato.

Originally Posted By: DARK30

Freshwater eel? And a native fish called the Blue Sucker. Its making a comeback in the Minnesota River.

The whole stretch of river could put you on most of these fish but my fav is Shak to Kato.

I would advise that everyone stay off the river from Shakopee to Mankato and fish from Shakopee to the Miss. ;\)

There are no fish in the Minnesota river upstream of Shakopee....

None Whatsoever. cool.gif

Thanks for the posts! I like the Carver and Chan stretch, but that's all I know. I'd like to try Jordan just coz I haven't. This spring will be big time cattin. Does anyone toss cranks around and get flats? Caught a 29" channel on a DT6 on da Miss Pool 2.

Quote:
Freshwater eel?

American eel. Yes the ones the mate near the Bahama's (Sargasso sea). Now that is one heck of a swim!