• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The FLake lake assosciation is hosting a lakewide cleanup day on March 8th at 2 pm at the first lake landing by the beach. They are looking for people with ATV's and trailers to head out across the lake and help pick up debris. There is a Free BBQ at the Forest Laker following the cleanup. grin.gif Last year we had a great turnout and the cleanup was completed in about an hour and a half. You'll be surprised at the amount of things left behind but you may also come across some treasures as well. We have found tackle, rods&reels, tip ups ect in years past. Hope many of you can attend.

Tunrevir~

Unfortunately, I'll be at Lake of the Woods that weekend.

I'm planning on going out this Saturday to fill a bunch of trash bags. Maybe it will make it a little easier for you on the 8th.

I am in the same boat as Loogie, will be up on LOTW that weekend with Troy McLure. I wanted to get out there for the cleanup last year, but was up on LOTW the same weekend last year as well.

If I am in town, I will be there!

I have an ATV, but no trailer - extra trailers around or how can I help??

No problem, we had people tag team with others and just load up their trailer or some guys put trash bags or 5 gallon buckets on the wheeler with them and then loaded things onto trailers as they were able.

Tunrevir~

We couldn't make it next week for the Forest Lake clean up, so we went out today.

Spent a good part of the day picking up lake 1.

Found everything from an interior center counsel from a truck to a water bed plus everything in between.

All in all, lake 1 is pretty clean. I'm sure we missed some stuff, but for the most part, it's clean.

Check out some of the stuff we found.

trash%20in%20trailer.jpg

trash1.jpg

One of the worst spots was in the center towards the north side where there were a few shacks parked for a few weeks.

One spot was so bad, it took me 15 minutes in just that one spot to get all the junk. I was so angry at all the trash left behind from this one shack that I followed the drag marks. As I followed the route that this person draged his shack, I found pieces of his tannish gray siding, his smoke stack, beer cans, wood, etc. I followed it right to his house on lake 1. I was amazed that someone that LIVES on the lake, would have such disregard for the lake. He didn't have his name or Lic # on his shack. I guess he didn't want the DNR to know who he was because he didn't take his shack off the lake until today.

Here's a pic.

Jerk_uvv_156.jpg

One last thing....

I would like to thank Pete at the Forest Laker for letting us to use his dumpster. I would of been filling my trash can every week for a month to get rid of it.

Dan great job and thank you! I was out today with my son Nick and we made the channel 5 news. They were interviewing folks about getting the shacks off before the deadline ect. I put a plug in for you guys and how clean things were after the event and also that the concern was about the stuff left on the ice but they edited most of it out to just include the stuff about getting shacks on and off the lake. Were you over on the Northwest side of first when you took that pick? If so, I could easily find the address as it looks to be in the same neighborhood that I grew up. Thankyou again for going above and beyond the call of duty! I saw and picked up some of the trash from second today but really just wanted to fish with the little guy for awhile. There is plenty of stuff to pick up over that way as well. Thanks again for helping keep up the resource! Pete at the Laker is GREAT! He also sponsors the BBQ for free after the cleanup and is a charter member of the Lake association.

Tunrevir~

Thanks tun,

The picture is actually on the north side to the east of the giant house.

I got his license plate number, so I already know his name and address.

Thanks!

You guys do a great job keeping that lake in good shape (Woodsie too...). I know where this house is. Maybe I'll stop in and have a conversation. Completely civil...just completely necessary.

Fisha ~ I want to see some pictures from LOW.

Yikes, all I throw on the ice is dead minnows to feed my pet bald eagle. I'll try to make it out with my ATV and a big tub to help with the cleanup next weekend. I can't pass up a bbq and hate to see a nice lake messed up with trash. Be nice to meet some of you folks too!

Cool, Fuzzbient! I'll be out and depending on the weather, I'll be the guy in the faded grayish beat up Mickey mouse hat(lucky fishing hat) plus I've been told I am a little mickey mouse with my fishing fanatisism:) Hope to see you out there!

Tunrevir~

Thanks Fisha for getting a big start on it!

I should be able to make it too.

I'll strap a big tote to the back of my 4-wheeler and go for it!!

Cool! FFAL, the more we have the quicker it goes! Thanks for lending a hand!

Tunrevir~

You guys are doing a good thing...thank you! I'd love to join you but have plans to take some coworkers out fishing...they don't ice fish and donated money to the United Way in order to go out ice fishing with someone who has all the necessary tools/gear. I will for sure bring a garbage bag to whatever lake we go to and pickup litter in the vicinity of where we fish. Thanks again guys.

Yes, Bravo to you guys.. I will be working the Cabelas store in Rogers this weekend or I would be out there helping as well...

Too bad for you Deitz, I was thinking of hitting the indoor shoot at Wolftrack, coming home and then heading to the lake for the pickup and BBQ and then heading out to catch a few slabs on Forest. Gotta go where the bread is buttered though! Hey, Dan just posted about the FBL for the year. You gonna fish this again? I was thinking of ditching the golf gig and fishing the bass league to broaden my horizions a bit. I don't fish bass but when I was with Matty last year we had a blast and I learned alot! I may have to get you over to the Flambeau to fish some smallies. Got a place to stay and the "bycatch" can be quite interesting. Give me a shout and we'll see if we can work something out for the summer. Good luck at Rodgers, I'm sure you'll give out the same great advice you do to us here on FM.

Tunrevir~

Tunre-- That would have been a blast!.. shooting and clean up!...

Hey if there is another 3D shoot this year.. Lets hook up!

Plenty of shoots to come. I am a bit rusty though as I haven't picked up a bow for a couple months. I am pretty sure there are a couple of outdoor shoots coming up at Chilikoot and some of the other Western Wisc. clubs. Osceola used to put on a good shoot but I am not sure what the schedule is. Might have to check with St. Croix outdoors and see.

Tunrevir~

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make the cleanup.

Hope this snow doesn't hide everything.

Well I had to miss the FM Kids get together due to last minute work issues. I am planning on joining you guys for the clean up this Sat. I can bring an ATV and trailer if needed?? Hope to see you guys there!

Gurkster, we would be glad to have you! It looks like right now that there isn't going tobe much trash showing because of the recent snow and the wind but we can all have a great time anyways. I am planning on doing another sweep the following weekend to pick the stuff that we won't be able to see on Saturday. I will probably end up doing this for a few weekends untill the ice starts to deteriorate as ther is alot of things that the snow covers untill it melts off.

Tunrevir~

Ok - so it sounds like it is still on, even with the new snow? I will plan to attend as long it is still a go. Look forward to meeting some more of you guys.

Hey Tunreivr,

I am usually available to help on other weekends or weekday evenings if ya would like some assistance...

FMail me or home mail me if you still have it!

Tim

Cool, Hey, how did the river wenture turn out today?

Tunrevir~

I had a Church meeting last night, so it'll be hopefully this afternoon or Sunday afternoon...

*** Forest Lake Clean-up Roll Call ***

Who's all going to be there...?

I will be there.

I'll be there with my chisel, hand axe, wheeler and trailer. Don't know how much of the subtle stuff we'll see due to the recent snow but the bigger stuff should still be easy to pick out. I'll probably do another sweep in a week or two once the snow melts off a bit.

Tunrevir~

Yep, I just sharpened my hand axe.

I'll bring an extra one or two just in case someone needs one... (as long as I get it back...) grin.gif

Let's get this baby in ASAP before it's covered up - my fishin' buddy said it's like a blizzard near Alex right now with over an inch already........