Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Buck_Hunter04

Zippel Bay Resort 6 man Sleeper??

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone stayed in Zippel Bay Resort's 6 man sleepers?? Are they nice?? I have a couple of ladies that want to come up fishing and I'll have to upgrade. Just curious, thanks for any info. in advance...

Buck Hunter...Do yourself and the ladies a favor dont stay in a sleeper, get a day house and enjoy a hot shower and the night life. The sleeper will probably cost you just as much as staying on shore. Just trying to help you out. Now there are those who prefer to stay out on the ice. Either way its always an adventure! I have not stayed with Zipple...I do reccommend Lyon's Sleepers though. Always a good trip!

Originally Posted By: Buck_Hunter04
Has anyone stayed in Zippel Bay Resort's 6 man sleepers?? Are they nice?? I have a couple of ladies that want to come up fishing and I'll have to upgrade. Just curious, thanks for any info. in advance...
yes zipple bay has very nice 6 man sleepers.they r very new and huge houses with tons of room.great choice buck

i second what wingding said. if you are bringing the ladies, you might want to stay on shore. the houses are fine, but the outhouse situation might be a problem with the ladies. unless they really like to rough it. also, make sure you bring portables with so you can move around if the fish aren't biting in the sleeper. we had better luck away from the sleeper when i was up there in january.

If you rent a new and very nice 6 person sleeper out of Zippel and tell Dianna your intentions of bringing up a couple ladies she may have Nick and the gang drag a outhouse next to the sleeper for personal use. If going up during the week I bet it's more possible than say on a weekend.

Not sure if they will but I've seen the outhouses parked right next to the sleepers before.

If the ladies don't like the idea of no running water you may want to entertain the idea of renting a day house and cabin. Of course for a small fee they will let you take a hot shower if you decide to rent a sleeper house.

My wife and I are going up again in a week and last year I set the X2 up next my sleeper and used it as an outhouse. When it was dark I'd bring the lantern out and heater and in a few minutes is was nice and warm for her. Three days and no complaining!

My buddy just had the sleeper moved to 28 FOW and they did really well. Can't wait to get up there!!!

if you ask for a outhouse they will put 1 right by the sleeper.

THanks for all the input. I hope they have a good time. I'll report back later on fishing/hangover!!