Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soldoncass

Sunday-Tuesday ZIPPEL report

5 posts in this topic

Everyone we talked to there said "slow". We had similar results,with nothing big. 7-16 inches, mostly sauger. Had 1 small pout, 1 nice jumbo perch,1 tullibee along with all the Saugers and a few eyes. The runs with nicer fish didn't last long, then it was back to experimenting to find something that would work again. Two of us had 2 fish fries with all we could eat and had some to bring home yet. Started in 30' for a day, moved to a new location in about 32', and then a shallower 27' for the last morning. The "deadest " spot was the shallow one, so I would stay around 30' if you have a choice. We caught very few with "aggressive " baits. Had to "downsize and tease" them with small baits. We were advised to use fatheads... we had about the same luck with both. The first afternoon there was one HOT HOLE and bait, while 4' away the identical bait was dead. The next day the HOT hole and bait WASN"T hot.

My first time ice fishing, and I enjoyed it a lot. May be persuaded to try it again.

Soldoncass: You're hooked, I can hear it in your voice....LOL Bill

Thanks for the report, glad you enjoyed your trip.

im out in 30ft and have been doing great on the bigger fish when they came through they stuck around for awhile.nothin like the 1st trip to lotw eh.it only gets better as we near the end.

Was there Monday. Nothing at 34 feet. Moved to Serb street at about thirty feet. Got one 15 eye one 14 saug. Kept a few smaller ones to make a supper for me and the kids. Caught maybe 10 total. Had something BIG on for about three mins. just before I left. I wanted to at least see it, but even after I tightened the drag it wouldnt come up.

soldoncass, Time to getdown with the sickness. boar