Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cabin boy

Rabbitt Lake north of Crosby

8 posts in this topic

Anyone fish this lake for pannies? How's the quality?

I hear they are real good if you find them.

Do you fish it? Any helpful info?

Cabin boy i used to fish out from the public access out around the islands for eyes and crappies.

We have a cabin on the east bowl and the fishing can be awesome at times! Did really well on pannies with small leeches and slowly drifting across some of the shallower humps! The west bowl is typically better for eyes. I havent found the crappies but have seen some of the ones the neighbor had, and wow were the dandies! Get a good map and find the humps and your sure to find some of the nice sunnies! Also theres a old road bed that tops out around 15 ft that runs from the eastern island towards the sw shore, which is another great spot to start ur search!

I FISH THE LAKE A COUPLE TIMES A WEEK IN THE SUMMER. This last year there were lots of crappies in that 8-9 inch range. Should be some really good fishing for a few years. Plenty of sunnies but you have to sort though them.

Find where the road bed comes out from the old pit landing site and go out to where it turns west. Find some 15-17' of water and watch out for the underwater brush and rip some lips.

Another spot is the second island (from the new public access into the pit) go to the NE side near the point from shore and look for the same depths. There is an old underwater channel (runs 20-24') from the old days of mining that comes up there with a bunch of old brush that produces as well.

Wish I could send a picture with the spots marked for you.

I grew up fishing that old pit then they blew the dam and it got BETTER !

Yeah, I am really looking forward to getting the boat out there. And soon!