Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZapBranigan

Fishing Report for 2/23 to 2/26

2 posts in this topic

We went in on West Winds Road (in West winds houses) at 3:00 on the 23rd. We were about 6.5 miles out in a day house for over night. I think it was about 20 to 30 min after setting up and my son fought in a 36" Pike which his buddy got his paws on without getting nicked so we got some good photos and that was our first release. That evening we got 2 walleyes. Real slow. Next day we moved to a sleeper house as soon as we saw the other group vacate it. That day was extremely tough. We ran out and searched most of the day. Went out to end of raod 9.5 miles out. Then stopped every mile in a various spots. We ran all the way into about 3 miles out 8-9 ft of water. Dead sea. That night was a nothing 1 perch to speak of. We got plenty of sleep. The wallye closed so we ran ours in and stored them with the resort. Next day the crew said they ran into some fish and were moving us. GREAT. We got moved in to about 4 miles out in an area that we never got to in our exploring. Of course after close we hit a walleye in slot about every half hour from 3:00 pm to the next morning. At times durring the night we had three wheels spinning at a time. Rather good I must say. But.. only two crappies 14.5 and a 15. Nice. They checked on us at least twice a day kept very clean houses and looked over what we were doing and offered options for us. They also include the road pass with the package at no extra cost if anyone is comparison shopping.

Thats the way it seems to go,catching tons of fish rite after the seaon ends...At least you were able 2 ice a few of them URL slabs,Me and sum buddies are heading out of Hillmans with Johnny P with acouple of his sleepers March 10-13 Hope the crappies gradually pick up by then a bit..