Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bobo98bobo

Big Stone Walleye Challange April 26 2008

26 posts in this topic

Just to let everyone know the second annual border walleye challenge is april 26 2008 on big stone lake. This is a fun tournament with registration only $100.00 per boat, and over $14000.00 in cash payouts it is a good time to get out before the inland water opener.

bobo

which state do we need fishing liscense for?

sounds like fun

MN or SD The opener for bigstone is the april 19 so everyone would have a week to prefish.

Depends on your state of residence. If you're a MN resident, a MN license will do but you cannot buy an SD non-resident license only - you must buy the license of your resident state if you live in either MN or SD. If you're visiting from a state other than MN or SD, it doesn't matter, but the only bait shop around is in Ortonville. Hope this helps. Good luck!

or buds in brownsvalley?? this sounds like a fun deal. Looks like a big field this year; how many participated last year? I think I may need to find a partner. Family cabin is near linden beach, should work great!

It was a full field of 100 boats last year. They decided to raise it to 150 boats this year. That's a lot of boats! It's a great tournament.

It's a great tourney. Very well run!

Hi Does anyone know if their is any spots left in the tourney. We were going to be in a Green lake tourney later in the year but it was cancelled because of health problems that the director was having and we want to get in at least one this year. Thanks for your replies!

AS of 3/19/08 there are 114 teams signed up, out of 150. So there is still some room to get in. It is a very fun tourney, for only $100 a boat very cheap tourney just to have some fun and get a shot at some money.

Thank bobo98bobo, sending in form and money tommorrow the 11th . Me and my dad are looking forward to this event. We were fishing out their laswt year just for fun and saw the toruney and that is what is bringing us in this year. The key is just having fun and we are looking forward to April 26th.

Does anyone have the results from last year?

I fished this tournament last year. It was VERY well run and a ton of fun. I was truely surprised at how quickly they got 100 boats inspected and in the water. The tournament staff did a wonderful job at staging, getting boats in the water quickly, and getting boats out of the water. If it wern't for other committments my family has I wouldn't think twice about entering this tournament. I had a blast last year.

The MN vs SD ribbing was good times, also.

26 spots left out of 150 just thought i would let everyone know. That as of 3-20-08

as of 3-26-08 only 18 spots left. Get your entry in to to be fishing in a month. I am getting excited

Is it a TWo Day tournament or Single day event? I think the sound of this one might do it!

It is a one day tournament.

if you want to fish it you better hurry as of the 28th there where 132 teams only 150 spots

This is a 1 day event sat. If the weather is bad it will be sunday. As of today 4-2-08 there is only 9 spots left hurry if you want in. I feel it should be full by monday.

Will the lake be open???? grin.gif

Man I hope so. It's going to be close.

the challange is now full.the lake should be open for the border walleye challange but i sure dont think it will be for the opener.should make it for some tough fishing

Just wondering if there was a link to this one. Checking the results.

how did this event go???

it went well.or at least thats what i thought.maybe Rost an through in his 2 cents but with the way the weather was and had been it was an ok deal.we zeroed but we lost a good fish at the boat and then stayed in 1 spot to long and didnt have another fish i guess you live and you learn.6 fish 15 pounds something won it. only 34 out of 150 had fish