Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Quast

Good lure choices for Gunflint?????????????

Christopher Quast

Just wondering what might be some good lures to try this weekend and how big of a presentation do they like this time of year and what depths to target out there. thanks

Surface Tension

Take a look at the 5 Top Lake Trout Lure thread.

I've fished anywhere from 14-70' on Gunflint for Lake Trout.

The guys at Gunflint Lodge will put you on fish.

Christopher Quast

Hey surface tension thanks for the info are you going to be there for the contest or at all this weekend would be kinda cool to get do some fishin together or just [PoorWordUsage] what depth have they been biting in lately

Surface Tension

Goldtip, I won't be up there this weekend. I might start out in 45' and move around to different depths on the same structure.

The guys at Gunflint Lodge should have some pointers for you.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• eyeguy 54
      sounds like a hoot. hope to get there. 
    • Roscoe010
      Hi Wanderer, I am going up this weekend too.  Glad the weather will be warm! I will try a different pit this time, but had good luck last year.  I hope the fish will be active and hungry.
    • IceHawk
      Thanks Rick! Jeff hope to make it always a good time and laughs when you get a group of great people together. I usally do more jaw jacking  then fishing at these things but for me its just as much fun 
    • Rick
      I will donate a few goodies. I will send it to @Tom Sawyer if he messages me his address.
    • IceHawk
      Lol! Smurfy  Its not as easy to identify areas like the old days the ice towns in Mertens bay and in front of Steils old house on cedar island aren't there like years of past but she's still the same chain that you grew up on. And IMO better than when we wee younger. 
    • Wanderer
      @Roscoe010 I wanted to head that way yesterday but my fishing partner didn’t have that kind of time.  If I get there this weekend, I’ll let you know. Or hopefully someone else knows and will reply.
    • smurfy
      i'm considering going out sat to chase walleyes, cats or crappies................OK whatever will bite. whats frustrating is i live 5 mile from the chain, grew up in richmond and all these maps have me confused??????????
    • DonBo
      Toying with the idea of heading up there Saturday morning. Only been there a couple times, never on the opener.
    • JBMasterAngler
      Anyone go out on the opener? I usually wait a week before heading up there, so curious to hear some ice/fishing reports.
    • Roscoe010
      Did any of you check out the pits for winter trout opener last weekend? Thanks!
  • Share & Have Fun