Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
woodman

Bemidji Perch [jerk-bait]

14 posts in this topic

The annual Bemidji Perch [jerk-bait] for kids is this Sunday March 2nd from 1-3 on lake Bemidji. Get the kids out to this event. They are giving away 60 bikes and lots of other prizes also. You get a free lunch and one hole per kid.

If any of you want to run your auger on Sunday morning, please feel free to show up and help us drill holes. I have been told they want aprox. 1000 holes drilled so I am putting a bug into your ear to get you to come and help. I will post more info as I get it or if anybody else can post more let us know!

My kids look forward to this event every year, and I was told last weekend if they don't get enough volunteers that this was the last year for it. It is about the kids people, take some time out of your busy schedule and help the Dark house association out by volunteering at this wonderful event for the KIDS!

Hope to see you there!

I have no idea why it is reading [jerk-bait]? \:o

Originally Posted By: woodman
I have no idea why it is reading [jerk-bait]? \:o

hmmmm...funny, sometimes computers have a mind all their own. whistle.gif\:D

Count me in for the hole drilling. What time do they want us there?

Buck

Be on the South end at 8:30 a.m.

The derby runs from 1-3 p.m.

They need some help after the derby to help clean up...

The more help the better..

Thanks,

Beef

Woodman,

I don't know what word you are using but maybe the FM computer has a program that replaces words, maybe a brand name or something, with another word. At least you didn't get the (poor word usage) slapped on you!

Windy

The event is moved to paul and babe side of the lake.

If the wife lets me come on down to punch some holes should I add my extension???

It is easier drilling without it, until you get way down there, then the extension sure is nice.

I have not stepped foot on Bemidji this year.

YOu can make it through, but it's down darn near the power head...

I was told my Mark Cook last night that they have 6 augers from Strike Master with 6 inch diameter that they will use due to the number of small kids attending this event. I am going to bring my 8 inch in case they decide to us that diameter also. Strike Master is a sponsor and they will have a trailer there with goodies to purchase.

See ya on the lake Sunday am around 8:30.

so should I leave mine at home since it's a 10"?

Buck

Yep leave that one at home.. I will be leaving my 9" at home too..

Beef

I'd make a joke about "leaving my 9" at home..." but I won't go there! Personally, I never leave home without mine!

How'd the Perch Derby go? I'd have loved to be up there for it but my hope is that the beautiful weather made for a fantastic day. I hope you have some great photos to share Beef. We could use them in our kid's ice fishing seminar next December at the ice fishing show.

Please post a few photos if ya can! \:\)

Well thanks for all who volunteered to drill holes and work the event. I saw only about 6 perch that were hanging at the weight in shack. Pretty slow day, but what a blast fishing in a BLIZZARD! I am a little sore from drilling all those holes, thank GOD BUCK was my auger mate this am! grin.gif Great day, good deals on Strike Master clothing and augers! The wife bought an electric auger me a jacket and bibs and her a fleece jacket! grin.gifgrin.gif Good day for the both of us!

Great to see all the families out there and kids having a blast wrestling in the snow and pulling each other in the sleds. Way to Go Dark House Association for a great event!

The Dark House Association is a class act and their leader Roger is one of the most under-credited outdoorsman in our state. Every year the Dark House Association gives a lot of money back to the community. Not bad for a group that's been called "harpooners" back in the day.

To get back on topic...those Bemidji perch are a beautiful species of fish with some terrific colorations. I've only caught them ice fishing and it totally makes sense why yellow lures work so well for the pike and muskies!