Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishnBear

ATV travel on the lake?

6 posts in this topic

I am coming up Saturday thru Wednesday. I have access to a 4wd ATV. Should I take it along or is the snow to deep? I don't have a snowmobile. So will I be limited to the sleeper if travel is not possible by atv?

Thanks

Off-road travel is tough going but there are select opportunities to get around with a vehicle. I'd leave your ATV at home and move around as much as you can with your vehicle or on foot. Good luck!

Im going up on sunday and was wondering the samething. How deep is the snow on the lake right now?

I think its more drifted than anything. Otherwise with this warm weather most of the snow should be packed hard and ATV travel should be doable, maybe a little rought, but definatly doable.

You just may be ok with a ATV. We had some real warm temps then cold. I watched a couple ATVs cruise right on top without breaking through yesterday.

Never know, each day is different.

Like Jonny said, the snow is got a hard crust on it and is pretty easy to move around on. The drifts are still hard but not too bad.