Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
binsfeldnick

Morris point

10 posts in this topic

Anyone have any recent reports from this area or the graceton beach area. Bunch of us are heading up friday morning and fishing till monday. Any info would be appreciated. I'll post our results when we return. Thanks.

12 of us are staying a Morris Point thursday to Sunday. I'll let you know how we did. Maybe we'll see ya up there.

Just got back from there last night. Fished Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

Lots of fish where we were but mostly small ones. We were in about 30' I think that if I was to go back today, i would focus on a little shallower. Just a guess.

Anybody else think that the world was coming to an end out on Morris Monday? Two different times the ice let loose and really rocked the world. The first time, you could actually feel the house shift side to side. Now the is a growing pressure ridge along the road.

Thanks for the replys. There will be 5 of us up on friday and 15 of us on saturday and sunday. Good luck and I'm sure we'll run into you at the lodge.

i know morris point has some houses just east of graceton beach not sure how good they r doing.i have a honey hole around the graceton area.but havent been over there in a few weeks.i might have to try that out again when i head up there.

We are all bringing up portables so we can jump around and find the "hot spot". We'll be running around in the trucks and on the snowmobiles. Just picked up the 2008 lakemaster chip for up there today so now its time to do some scouting.

good deal.i have that chip also i cant complain 1 bit.it has put me on fish 90% of the time.be careful with the truck running around the lake.there are lots of nasty deep snow drifts out there.good luck on your trip let me know how ya do.

Just got home from the big lake and didn't do too bad. BUT, as before, didn't catch our limit. I did happen to be the guy who caught the biggest and the most fish. Funny how that works........I even slept for 5 hours today!!

Just got back from Morris, fished mostly 27-28 fow and did ok.

Biggest was 22" and kept fish between 13 and 19. Lots of small sauger and small eyes. Two of us where getting about 20+ fish a day jigging hard and 1 dead stick.

Saw some nicer fish come out of 33 fow water in the fish cleaning shack but we did better than most. It was real streaky if thats a word? wham wham then nothing for a while. high preasure moved in on friday and slowed it up a bit.

We still had fish to eat and bring home and had a great time.

Everyone at Morris point worked hard to put us on fish, new holes new water and new locations that was nice. This was my third year up there and that's what keeps us coming back. Besides being the good people they are. This is the only trip I do all year that's not sleds and protables or trucks and portables. so it's nice to have someone staying on the fish for us. All this will change in a couple of weeks with all the girls heading for shore sure hope I can make it back.