Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMJB

BRATWURST

7 posts in this topic

We were up on URL 2/21-2/23 we did not have the best luck in the world but we were far from skunked! Friday was definatley the highlight of out trip we cought a 16 1/2in walleye with 9 minnows and a chunk of a bratwurst in it's stomach! We laught about the hungry waleye the rest of the trip. We were out of Jr's on the south side and were able to catch our limit each day, but the fishing was still slow compared to our last 7 trips up. Just makes us want to come back for 1 more trip this year to prove that we can still find the fish.

Maybe thats the hot new bait, forget about crappies minnows or power minnows. For my trip coming up on the March 7 weekend, its going to be Johnsonville Beer Brats. Maybe if the fish eat a whole brat, they will be drunk. I have seen all sorts of things in fish's stomach, but never a brat. That is to funny. grin.gifgrin.gif

Scary part is I was out there having brats for supper that night. I threw a chunk to the older dog and it bounced off her nose and as all things seem to do while fishing, bounced once off the floor to annouce it's intentions, and plooped down the hole. Hillmans road about 7 miles out. Would say it went down the hole about 7:30. Brats were probably pretty commonplace on the table Friday night though.

--powerbrat?

grin.gifgrin.gif heh-heh, good one!

I might try a Buzz-Brat this summer!

Thats awesome, I wonder if it was a Johnsonville Brat...